• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Senior Nomad
6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Jul 2015
Cabin: Balcony

This was our second cruise on a Cunard ship. Our previous experience was on the QM2 and our cruise from Rome to Trieste on the Queen Victoria left much to be desired. I am also not used to complaining and this is the first negative review I have ever given. Everything was average and nothing was wonderful - the food and the entertainment. Our cabin was spacious and comfortable and the service was adequate. The speaker geared his talk to a mostly British audience and many of his punch lines were inaudible. The comedian was insulting to the old and infirm and he made fun of the accents of the staff - something I would not have expected Cunard to condone. The boats used to transport passengers from the ship to the center of Venice were hot and uncomfortable and as this was mid-July, everyone was drenched in sweat on reaching Venice or returning from Venice . I expressed my concerns to Cunard Customer Relations and expected an incentive to return on another cruise but just received an acknowledgement of my concerns.

Balcony

The cabin was comfortable.

Port Reviews

Rome (Civitavecchia)

My poor rate is because of the difficulty getting there from Rome. We took a train which took 3 hours to get there - the first train broke down. We had to wait quite a while for another train, in a non-airconditioned train in the heat of July. The second train was hot and overcrowded.

Corfu

We enjoyed Corfu but due to the heat, did not stay long in the city.

Venice

We had a nice experience in Venice itself, despite the crowds and the heat. However, the boats used to get us to the center of Venice were hot and uncomfortable and we were drenched with sweat every time we took them.

6 Helpful Votes