• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Jul 2015
Cabin: Balcony

This was our second cruise on a Cunard ship. Our previous experience was on the QM2 and our cruise from Rome to Trieste on the Queen Victoria left much to be desired. I am also not used to complaining and this is the first negative review I have ever given. Everything was average and nothing was wonderful - the food and the entertainment. Our cabin was spacious and comfortable and the service was adequate. The speaker geared his talk to a mostly British audience and many of his punch lines were inaudible. The comedian was insulting to the old and infirm and he made fun of the accents of the staff - something I would not have expected Cunard to condone. The boats used to transport passengers from the ship to the center of Venice were hot and uncomfortable and as this was mid-July, everyone was drenched in sweat on reaching Venice or returning from Venice . I expressed my concerns to Cunard Customer Relations and expected an incentive to return on another cruise but just received an acknowledgement of my concerns.

Balcony

The cabin was comfortable.

6 Helpful Votes