3. Carnival Spirit
The Carnival Spirit is a fantastic Cruise Ship. This was my first time cruising as an adult (mid 20s) and had previously been on cruise ships as a child. My partner and I enjoyed our time on the cruise ship and will definitely be back again. The aim of our cruise was to relax as well as have fun. Afterall, it was the NYE cruise. We always had something to do (we did spend a lot of time relaxing on a deck chair or reading. We enjoyed the trivia session as well as the comedy shows. We had an inside cabin which was serviced twice a day with the infamous towel animals. The steward and his crew were super friendly and attentive. Food was very good. A couple of times I did send something back, but I really didn't have too many complaints. We participated in the Chefs Table event where you are served 10-12 courses. It was one of the best experiences of my life. It started with champagne and a tour of the galley. This provided us an insight into how many 1000s of meals are served of a night and you truly appreciate the hard work that the chefs and table waiters put in! We didn't choose any tours through Carnival as I always do my research before holidays and choose something to do that isn't listed on the suggested itinerary. Something to be aware of. Boat tenders. Just relax. The first 1 or 2 ports, people line up forever trying to get their sticker to get on shore. We were one of the very last and we didn't get to shore until midday in Mare. But as long as we got the last bus to the beach, it did not bother us. Something I think Carnival may need to review, but I assume this occurs on a lot of cruises. I utilised the fitness facilities on a daily basis and they are great. I wish there were more free weights and a larger space for these as I don't like to use machines but thats my personal preference.

Spirit of the Carnival

travellingtiger’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Spirit price drops

Interior
Cabin 4A
Great inside cabin on Deck 7. Beds large enough to fit suitcases underneath.Ample amount of coat hangers. Women, bring a hairdryer. The in-room hairdryer is not up to modern standards and couldn't dry my hair.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• Isle of Pines (New Caledonia)
    Beautiful island. No tours booked but I would love to have a drive around the island to see what else is around!
    View All 238 Isle of Pines (New Caledonia) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Isle of Pines (New Caledonia) Cruise Port Review
  • Beach
    Everyone has to book this to be able to get to the beach. I spoke a little french to the drivers and they laughed and were appreciative. They can tell we literally learn it just for the day. Only disappointment was the tendering to shore. It was our first port so we didn't get to the island till midday. But it didn't bother us as were relaxed.
  • Duck Island
    The taxi over was easy and convenient. We booked a loop bus that dropped us off at Anse Vata Beach and then we hopped on a 5 minute water taxi to duck island. A great small little island for snorkelling. Very shallow at the start so wear reef shoes. I swam out quite far and was able to witness a huge 2 m fish that looked like a shark. (It wasn't a shark after I reviewed by GoPro footage). Be aware that the island is VERY expensive so prepare for food and drink prices plus you need to pay to reserve one of the deck chairs which was also expensive. I was there to snorkel so I just left everything by the beach!
    View All 12,984 Duck Island Reviews