Costa Pacifica Cruise Review

Costa Pacifica Cruise Review by mikeg1968

• Sail Date: Aug 2015
  • Destination: the Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Inside Premium

I traveled with my wife and 2 children (aged 9 and 12) to Kiel to for our cruise on board the Costa Pacifica from August 5 to 16. The embarkation process took a couple of hours. We boarded the ship and found our way to our inside cabin. Since we had been on board the sister ship Favolosa in 2014, we were familiar with the ship's layout. The cabin was adequate and later found that our cabin steward Rodalyn did a good job of keeping it clean.

I had chosen this ship for the itinerary and because it had a covered pool- a must for my children in case of bad weather.

We dined in the New York New York restaurant. The dinners were very good- although the food took a lot of time to be served.

The shows in the Stardust theater were average to good- two (the duos circus and the acrobatic shows) were excellent. The tenor was excellent as well.

The ship has two covered pools and 1 outside pool. The covered pools were great for my children who enjoyed swimming almost every day- even for 2 hours after we came back from an excursion. However, the main heated pool on Lido Calypso had water that was treated with very powerful chemicals which made almost every one's eyes burn. I suspect that they used a lot of chemicals instead of changing the water.

The buffet lunches were as expected- good and crowded, and we never ran out of food.

The animation team, specially the Brazilian dance instructor Brenier was great.

We were very happy with the cities we visited. St. Petersburg was really great, so was Gdansk.

My main issue with the Pacifica was that of cleanliness.

1-The public lavatories near the pools did not have automatic doors or even water taps that turn on and off automatically like you find in every major airport on in good restaurants. This meant that 3000 people were touching the same doors and turning on and off the same taps after using the WC- a sure recipe for transmitting germs.

2- The dishes and plastic cups in the buffet area were never really clean. They were always wet and you always felt that they were just rinsed hastily and put back into use.

The disembarkation process was very smooth.

The cities we visited were so great that we set aside our concerns. However, I would hesitate to recommend this specific Costa ship.

mikeg1968's Full Rating Summary