Costa Pacifica Cruise Review

Costa Pacifica Cruise Review by Allyson Coleman

• Sail Date: Aug 2015
  • Destination: the Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Outside Premium

This was a first time cruise for myself and my family. I was a it dubious of cruising and quite anxious to be truthful. We did encounter a problem when we first went to the airport to check-in as we had no allocation of bags and we had to pay for the 3 pieces of luggage. This was quickly sorted out when we arrived on board ship (it was a problem with KLM and not Costa). Our cabin was an exterior with a porthole, it was a very decent size with plenty of storage space, I've had smaller in hotels! The cabin were cleaned three times a day and were kept spotless. Even though the cruise was fully booked it never felt overly busy. Yes we had a short queue sometimes for the buffet service but it always moved along smoothly.

The meals in the New Yor New York restaurant were outstanding and the two waiters at our table were more than helpful, even for my fussy eating 15 year old son. We went on two excursions, one in Lithuania and a two day excursion in St Petersburg. On both the excursion ladies were very knowledgeable of their tour and also added some of their own interesting facts. It was a lot of walking but then again we enjoy this (it also worked off some of the calories that we had consumed). We only went to 5 evening shows in the theatre and 3 of them were the singing an dancing shows and we were all blown away with the standard of the dancers in these shows, with slick quick changes and smiles on their faces they certainly entertained us. My only criticism would be that the shuttle bus should be a free service and that coffee/tea/water should be available all day. Overall though we had a great cruise, lovely weather and the Baltics is such a fascinating area of the world.

Allyson Coleman's Full Rating Summary