We have been on a number of cruises on several different lines, and RC never disappoints. The service is excellent from the wit staff to the cabin stewards. I wish there had been some "enrichment activities" but as far as I could tell there were none other than Port Talks which are just where to shop advertisements. Guess what Diamonds International is everywhere. As for the ship it was sparkling clean, modern looking, and well equipped. I especially enjoyed the free Seattle's Best Coffee just forward of the fancy latte shop. Johnny Rocket's was great and well worth the modest charge. There is an outdoor promenade deck that with a little stair climbing at the bow you can walk the entire circuit of the decks, much better than the tiny jogging track topside.
• Personal Background Information - highly educated, well traveled (50 countries)
• Travel To Port of Embarkation - I drove, wife flew
• Hotel Info (if any) Tremont House in Galveston, walked to Cruise Terminal (3 blocks)
• Embarkation - pretty smooth, but agent gave us wrong keys at first, so that was slow, after that boarding was smooth, bags already there waiting on us.
• Stateroom - fine, standard "superior ocean view w/balcony
• Ship Info - Gross Tonnage 138,279
Length 1,020 ft
Max Beam 157.5 ft
Draft 29 ft
Cruising Speed 22 knots
best feature a promenade that encircled deck 4 (except at bow you had to climb up to deck 5 for a complete circuit)
• Dining - good in MDR (service great), great in steakhouse, excellent at Johnny Rocket esp. the Apple Pie) Too bad that some cowboys had to wear their ball caps at dinner.
• Activities (didn't use)
• Children's Clubs (didn't use)
• Staff & Service excellent throughout
• Entertainment (didn't use much, shows I went to were fine)
• Shore Excursions (didn't use, done 'em all anyway)
• Disembarkation - smooth and fast, much faster than expected really
• Summary great cruise, quality service, good value.
Excellent, excellent service, clean and comfortable.
Seas were too rough and cold, I have done may snorkeling excursions, this was not a good one.View All 485 Snorkeling Reviews
Been there don it all, just walked around a bit