3. Royal Princess
I take up to three cruises a year with a variety of lines based mostly on their itinerary. I decided to visit the British Isles this summer. Three cruise lines offered the this voyage for a variety of days. I chose Princess because it offered the most stops with the fewest at sea days. I had cabin E424 that was billed as having an obstructed view -- it did not. This guaranteed room was a great value. It was centrally located and had a slightly larger balcony. The room is well designed and doesn't feel cramped. There is ample room for two weeks worth of clothing. I booked shore excursions through Princess for each port. Yes, I realize they are pricey and I might do better independently, but they were fun and informative. Booking through the ship was especially useful when due to high winds Royal Princess skipped Dublin. The excursion was immediately credited along with the port charges for that stop. I booked the Lotus thermal baths for the trip and was glad of it. This neck of the world is cool and there is no indoor pool on this ship. It was relaxing to take a hot soak when returning from visiting castles and mid-evil cities. The outdoor pools are heated, but you're coming out of them to maybe 60 degrees on a good day. The shows were hit or miss. I think I'm beyond the almost college productions put on by the production crew. How many times will I hear the best if Broadway tunes? The local Celtic entertainers were a treat as well as the illusionist. Food in Sabatinis the Italian restaurant was Devine. The fare in the anytime restaurant was not memorable. The buffet offered quantity of mediocre quality. The best offerings here were the nightly international dishes. The ship is beautiful and open. It makes good use of the central hallway space. That is where the action is. I participated in a 5K walk for breast cancer. Princess matches the money raised for this worthy cause. Now, for the big downside: There was a stomach virus plaguing this ship. Boarding was delayed by up to 6 hours so that the ship could be sanitized. No compensation was made by Princess for this delay. By the time 4,000 people were aboard and the drill done, it was 7:30 pm. Dinner for everyone only began at 8pm. Needless to say, It was slow going this first meal. Shops and the casino never opened. We all lost day 1. Next on the list was the captain's welcome back "party". It was held in the theatre. No drinks were offered during the entertainment and welcome speeches. A coupon was given for one free drink in any bar. There was no dancing. Someone needs to explain party to them. Now, back to the stomach virus. Mid-way through this cruise we had to pack all of our belongings while the rooms were sanitized. In order to enter the buffet, you had to first wash your hands, then use hand sanitizer. Staff told us that this virus had been on the ship for a month. No mention of this nor the protocols came from Princess. If you are a casino player be advised -- the casino only opens four brief times in 12 days due to the ship's close proximity to shore. Disembarkation met with delays when the ramp from the ship moved and couldn't be adjusted. No port engineer was on hand to correct the problem. No information was offered as to why we were delayed 30 minutes.

Go for the itinerary.

Royal Princess Cruise Review by edunc13

edunc13’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BF E424
Beautiful room that had an unobstructed view even though it was sold as one. Bathroom doesn't feel like a closet.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins