• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

vanderhoff33
6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Jul 2015
Cabin:

Great ship, great food. Crew members were great also. Pools were enjoyed whenever we could except the rusty tile that was in the pool. spa was nice except when the steam room went out for 4 days. hot tubs were not quite hot enough for my liking.

beautiful countries but not even enough time to enjoy them. two days in St Petersburg Russia but you needed a visa to go on your own. so that meant you had to spend a lot of money on Viking tours to see any amount of stuff. Peterhoff castle in Russia was what I wanted to see mostly and they herded 30,000 people thru there a day with a guard in ever room and you had to keep moving. you couldn't stop a enjoy the multitude of paintings. then you did not have very much time to enjoy the gardens which was huge. Berlin was a 4 hour ride both ways unless you have to detour and make coming back 5 hours on a bus with no a/c and 90 degree weather. two highlights were cruising away from Flam and cruising into Stockholm.

most questions I asked to the Viking office when I called during our two years of waiting for this cruise were answered wrong and/or incorrectly. in my humble opinion this was well over priced for the enjoyment received. when I addressed my dissatisfaction I was thanked for calling and assured my comments would be passed on. no offer of refund or anything. I am a river cruiser and love Viking on the river but the ocean may take them a while to get it right. we are just regular people trying to see the world in our 60's. I couldn't take a vacation for 2 years because of the money I had to layout so far ahead.

Find a Viking Star Cruise from $3,279