Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review
2,315 Reviews

There's nothing I would change.

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by cajunhusker

• Sail Date: Aug 2015
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Interior Stateroom

I went on this cruise with my husband and three daughters 21,19 and 15. We had a great time.

The Port of Galveston does seem a little confusing and a few signs would minimize some of the chaos but we were ready for that. We were in line by 10:50 and on the ship by 11:30. We drove so we left our car at the hotel and took a taxi to the port.

We did not eat at the Windjammer very often. I enjoyed the dinning room for breakfast and dinner. We all thought the food at dinner was excellent. Our servers were very friendly and helpful. Having the family eat together every night was a highlight of the trip for me. We could leisurely relax and be served and talk about the day. Gilberto and Aimen were are servers. Breakfast in the dinning room was great. We enjoyed the fruit and granola bar as well as ordering off the menu. We did eat at Johnny Rockets for lunch one day. It's $6.95 + the usually 18% gratuity. It did not disappoint. We ate the french fries, onion rings, cheesy fries, burgers, and chicken sandwich. Everything was excellent. We were too full to try a shake. We ate our share of ice cream cones that you could get most of the time on Deck 11.

We found plenty to do on the ship. We had more than enough to do during the cruise days. We spent a lot of time at the Flow Rider and rock climbing wall. The attendants were always helpful and kind. We took full advantage of the fitness room and all that was offered there.

My husband and I enjoyed the music of James Brown in the Two Poets Pub several times during the week. He was an excellent musician, very friendly and entertaining. I noticed in the other review it was mentioned that one of the evening shows was cancelled. It was actually postponed because the comedian had not gotten his luggage. We did go to his show and it was a nice way to spend an evening. The ice skating show was excellent. I was surprised how good it was since the rink is a little small. They were very talented to pull off some of those tricks in such a small area.

We were very happy with the excursions that we chose. In Cozumel we did the Dolphin Royal swim. It was really great. We were in a group with the five of us and three other people. We were in the water for about 1 hour and 45 minutes. We swam with two adult dolphins then we helped train a baby dolphin. We also got to fed a manatee some lettuce. It was a once in a life time opportunity. The whole dolphin park was great. We walked around the Mayan area and my husband toured the tequila store. We also watched the sea lion show.

In Belize with did that Lamanai boat trip. This excursion exceeded our expectations. The bus ride was about an hour. The tour guide used that time to tell us about Belize. One the way the boat ride was about 1 1/2 hours. They did an excellent job of showing us some interesting sites and animals. We were able to climb on three Mayan ruins. Which we all enjoyed. This is a physically demanding excursion. Even the walk to the ruins. Make sure you are ready for it if you are thinking about going. Wear the right shoes and bring your own water. The lunch provided with this excursion was delicious.

Honduras was beautiful. The people were friendly and helpful. My family split up this day. Me and my daughter went on the Best of Roatan tour. While they weren't as professional as the tours in Cozumel and Belize they gave it their all and did their best to teach us about their country. We were able to meet some local people see them dance and eat some of their food. We had fun shopping and eating lunch at a local restaurant were we ate iguana. It taste like pork. The other three members of my family went on the Extreme zip lining adventure. They also enjoyed their day.

I loved all three ports.

This cruise exceeded my expectations. After reading these reviews before we left I thought there would be something that we would not be happy about. But it was all amazing. I think it helps to be polite. A please and thank you go along way. If you are going just relax and enjoy yourself. If something happens to make you upset don't dwell on it.

cajunhusker's Full Rating Summary

Interior Stateroom
Cabin Q 8665 8667

The cabin was clean and roomy. We had been on a Carnival cruise before so I was surprised at the size of our cabin. It seems bigger than Carnival. The three girls shared a room and there was also plenty of space for them. We enjoyed have the rooms connected. Michael took excellent care of us.

cajunhusker