3. Oosterdam
We have been on several Holland American cruises and I must say this was the worst ever. The room stewards were great as was the captain but the cruise director and the chef left a lot to be desired. First I will take on the food. We always enjoy going to the dining room each evening but found the food selection was awful. There are 9 of us in our party and none of use were impressed with the selection. On all the other ships, if you did not care for the entrees of the night, you could ALWAYS get a steak or chicken or a Caesar salad, but not on this ship. And who ever heard of having the surf and turf night (formal night) on a night we are in port and have not left yet? Never heard of such a thing. We were all so disappointed in the selection of foods we only went to the dining room twice. I must say, the Pinnacle Grill was wonderful the night we went and tried to go several other times but they were booked. No wonder, no one liked the food in the dining room or lido. The cruise director was non existent except for a message on the intercom and to introduce the acts at night. Horrible. I will have to think about going on Holland America again to Alaska and I always suggest HA for friends who are going to Alaska. Will not do that again. If this would have been our first cruise, I would never go again but since we have several to compare it to, I must say, it was a disappointment for the money we paid. All 9 of us were shocked at the lack of anything. The captain was the only saving factor, he was wonderful and let us know when things were happening or when wildlife was spotted. He also opened the bows to we could go there. Thanks captain. it was appreciated.

Disappointed