Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review
2,315 Reviews

Great Cruise! Port not so good!

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by CB from Texas

• Sail Date: Aug 2015
  • Destination: the Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview Stateroom

My husband and I have been on many cruises (about 20) on various cruise lines. We prefer Royal Caribbean! The food and entertainment are the best.

Port: I had read a lot of negative remarks about the Galveston port so I was somewhat prepared. We got to the port around 10:30. Were on the ship by 11:15. This part was smooth. Even though the rooms are not available to go to until 1:00, at least we were on the ship and enjoying the cool and drinks.

Disembarking was a different story all together. First of all, you are given a time you can leave the ship. Our time was 9:15 (#16). We had plenty of time to eat breakfast and sat in the lounge until our number was called. They were prompt in calling the numbers on time. However, when we got off the ship the port was TOTAL mass confusion!! No one checked your number as you got off so there were numbers from 15 to 26 so needless to say, too many people trying to find their luggage. No signs where to get in line to go to customers. Lines going left and lines going right. Not to mention the fact that it was 90 degrees in the port with little or no air!! I don't see how some of the older people could handle it. Then we were in line for 45 minutes and the man and woman in front of us, called their family over (there were 6 more of them) and they all cut into the line in front of us!! This part was horrible!!! ENOUGH OF THAT!!

Cozumel: We did the Royal Swim with the dolphins and it was truly AMAZING! Would highly recommend to anyone. There was even a 3 year old little girl that did it and loved it. She actually cried when it was over.

Belize City: We did the Trolley tour just to see the city. This place could be missed as far as I could see. Most of the excursions were water based and you have to take an hour to hour and a half ride to get to anywhere pretty. If we went here again, I would stay on the ship.

Rotan: We did the Park animal refuge tour. Played with the cappuccino monkeys! It was so HOT but I would do this again. The monkeys made it all worth it. I could have skipped the rest but it was still fun. You can not take any bags or water (and they really mean it) because the monkeys will take them away from you.

Overall, the cruise was so fun and relaxing! Would defiantly recommend and do this one again!! Make sure to do the flow rider. Lots of fun and you don't need any skills to do it.

Also, I did not like the idea of paying extra for a meal but the couple we went with wanted to go to Chops so we did. It was truly worth the extra money. Just make sure you don't eat anything the rest of the day before you go. there is sooo much food but very good!!

CB from Texas's Full Rating Summary

Oceanview Stateroom
Cabin H 3624

Cabin was just as expected except, I thought in the picture that the outside cabin should have a sofa but it only had a chair. Could have used a little more room but not really bad. We were only there to sleep and change cloths anyway. Very clean and laid out nice. it was located on the 3rd floor and I really liked this location.

Dolphin Swim & Encounter

This was the BEST!! The feet push by the Dolphins was so much fun! Would highly recommend to anyone!!

View All 456 Dolphin Swim & Encounter Reviews

Not much to see. This port is not that great unless you want to do water excursions.

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Gumbalina Park

Very fun playing with the Monkeys! Very hot!! and you have to go thru a lot of other places before you get to the monkeys but they were worth it.

View All 191 Gumbalina Park Reviews
Galveston

Stayed the night before the cruise at the Lost Bayou bed and breakfast! Loved it!! and they provide free parking for the cruise.

CB from Texas