3. Carnival Spirit
In April this year I went on my first ever cruise. I live in Queensland but chose to go to Sydney to cruise on the Carnival Spirit, as I had heard a lot of good things about them. I boarded on 9th April and our first stop was to be Mare but before we could get there we were informed that there was a cyclone and the ship would change course and head to Fiji. Captain Adriano Binacchi was great in keeping us informed. The staff/crew on board were absolutely fantastic, always smiling, and I just loved the little towel animals that were in my cabin, which was an inside cabin and had plenty of room, with the bed, coffee table and chair, tv, wardrobes and ensuite. The bed was very, very comfortable. Most of the meals I had in the dining room and there was plenty of choice for meals, every single one of which was delicious. A couple of times I also ate on the Lido deck where the Buffet was and a good variety of food to choose from. I am amazed at how the staff/crew remembered people's names and would always greet us with a smile. There was plenty of entertainment every day, I went to see the comedians, bands, art show, joined in games etc etc Lazed around on the Serenity deck from time to time. Our first Port was Denarau and I went on one of the excursions, to a Fijian Village, that Carnival had available. The experience I had in the village was great and the people just beautiful. The following day we went to Suva and again I went on an excursion booked on the Carnival Spirit. Again we went to a village, Sawani Village. Again the people were just beautiful and the experience lovely. I did buy souvenirs in both the villages I visited. After Fiji we went to the Isle of Pines, which was glorious. The lifeboats from the ship were used to ferry us from the ship to the Island. Again the people were beautiful and the experience beautiful. Our last Port was Noumea and I enjoyed my tour around there and some shopping. We headed back to Sydney but, due to a storm, were unable to have the pilot come on board. We countered 15+ metre waves. This meant another day at sea. We had to cruise down the coast for awhile. The Captain was keeping us informed along the way and when it was time for us to turn around and head back to Sydney ready for the pilot to come on board, weather permitting, the Captain told us that as the ship turns it would list slightly and not to worry as this was normal. There was no chaos, even tho'the timetable had been disrupted. The staff/crew were fabulous, I just cannot praise them highly enough for all that they did. I enjoyed my cruise so much I would have gone cruising with them again the next day. As it is I have booked again for a November 2015 Cruise on the Carnival Spirit and will continue to cruise with them for as long as I am able to.

Carnival Spirit Cruise to South Pacific

Carnival Spirit Cruise Review by maggiep45

• Sail Date: April 2015
  • Destination: South Pacific
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View

Our last Port was Noumea and I enjoyed my tour around there and some shopping.

maggiep45’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Spirit price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6A 1162
My cabin was lovely. Plenty of room with an ensuite. Comfortable bed. Plenty of room in the wardrobes. Different little towel animal everyday. And my Steward was absolutely fantastic.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins