3. Golden Princess
We just returned home yesterday from a fabulous trip on board the Golden Princess to Alaska. Like so many other people, prior to leaving, I read many reviews. All I can say is, anyone who posts a negative comment must be totally impossible to please. Yes, this is an older ship but is maintained to perfection. Yes, some of the food was not 5 star but that's how most cruise ships are these days. Embarkation and disembarkation was flawless. Our cabin was ready immediately and luggage was placed nicely on our bed when we returned from lunch. Ice bucket was always filled. Bath robes were waiting on the bathroom hooks. What more could you ask for? There was music being performed around every corner all of the time. There were guest speakers to tell us about the Alaska territory we would be visiting. I even found it necessary to visit the medical clinic on board for a foot injury. Five people attended to me while I was there. Even took XRays and had them emailed back to San Francisco. I don't think I would have gotten such good treatment back home. This was our second cruise on Princess in 7 months and I can assure you there will be a number 3 as soon as possible.

Wonderful!

Nautical Nellie’s Full Rating Summary
Get Golden Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BE B230
Although a bit dated, it was impeccably cleaned and serviced daily. I must admit that next time we shop for a cabin, we will look for one with a small couch. It makes a big difference for us when relaxing. We rarely heard any noises except for one little girl who loved running up and down the hallway. But, no big problem.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins