3. Carnival Liberty
After flight delays and a rush to the port we were the last few guests to arrive. We were warmly received and were on the ship within 10 minutes. Our steward had decorated our stateroom with birthday banners and decorations hanging from the ceiling and walls. I also had a birthday gift including a picture frame and carnival pin. They also brought me a birthday cake at dinner. Note that my mom had pre-ordered and paid for the birthday surprises. The pool deck and all surrounding areas were completely packed already and this became a regular occurrence throughout the cruise. On sea days there was always entertainment on the pool deck and everyone seemed to enjoy it. It's important to get a chair early before they are all claimed. The pools are nice and less crowded than the hot tubs. I never went in the hot tubs because they were always full. The exercise room and spa had fantastic views. There were windows everywhere with a great view of the ocean as we cruised. The gym was crowded at some times but was clean and had good equipment. The spa was relaxing and the service was great. They offered spa deals every day so don't book everything on the first or second days. The shows every evening in the theater were very entertaining and I went to them every night after dinner. It's important to get there early to get a good view as well. By the end of the day I was always exhausted so I never went to the dance clubs but they looked like fun passing by. During the day there were talks on board about shopping at each port and information sessions about jewelry and other goods. The talks were informative but drawn out and I imagined myself by the pool instead of listening to what shops offered what goods. The free jewelry they used to lure us there was cheap and disappointing. Being outside during the day enjoying the entertainment on the pool deck was way more fun. The food was plentiful and could be found all over the ship. The buffets at lunchtime and the grill on the pool deck were always packed with long lines. I learned to have a snack just before lunch and have lunch after the rush. The Mongolian bbq was awesome. I always looked forward to dinner in the Olympian dining room. The food and service was outstanding. The menu had plenty of options (only a couple for vegetarians) and it was an all-you-can-eat gourmet dinner. There were main courses that were available every day in addition to the daily specials. The desserts were especially delicious. After dinner they brought coffee and tea with dessert. I ordered Earl Grey the first night and our server automatically brought it every night after. Having the same servers every night was great and we got to know them all very well. We were seated at a large table with 10 other guests who we chilled with for the duration of the cruise. We spent time with them during the day and went to shows together after dinner. We became a very diverse and fun family. The ship was well kept and clean. The decor was fun and interesting. The service was great! The beds, blankets and pillows are incredible. I looked forward to going to sleep and there's a reason they sell the blankets on board. If I had money to spare I would definitely buy one. Overall the ship was huge and there was more than enough to keep us busy.

Birthday onboard! Carnival Liberty does not disappoint

Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by SnapPea423

SnapPea423’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Ages 16+
Get Carnival Liberty price drops

Very comfortable bed, great room service, spacious closets, mini fridge
  Carnival Liberty Deck Plans

• Cozumel
    I spent my birthday in Cozumel and it was more fun than I could have asked for. We spent the day shopping and at Margaritaville. Cozumel is a big shopping port and are known for the jewelry. The shops are fun and it's easy to buy souvenirs for all friends and family while there. I've been to Cozumel a couple of times and done shore excursions as well. The scuba diving and snorkeling is fantastic. The reefs and marine life are beautiful. Margaritaville is super fun with a live band and great service.
    View All 6,716 Cozumel Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Cozumel Cruise Port Review
  • Grand Cayman (Georgetown)
    We went to the 7 mile beach for the day and enjoyed the sun and clear blue water. We didn't get a chance to explore the island but spending the day at the beach was relaxing and free! I heard Hell's turtle farm was a fun time as well.
    View All 3,399 Grand Cayman (Georgetown) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Grand Cayman (Georgetown) Cruise Port Review
  • Ocho Rios
    We went to Dunn's River Falls and they were amazing! So pretty and worth the climb. As the top attraction I would recommend going there. It's cheap and easy to get a cab to the falls and pay $15 to climb them instead of booking the excursion through the ship. There's also a small beach at the bottom of the falls and beautiful gardens. There are tons of shops just outside the falls to buy souvenirs but the people were very pushy when anyone walked by. They would tell you something is free and if you pick it up they expect you to buy it. I didn't buy a single thing there because I got flustered and frustrated. Aside from the townspeople being pushy, the falls are great and worth a looksie.
    View All 1,049 Ocho Rios Cruise Port Reviews