3. Carnival Breeze
Keep in mind that I'm seventeen throughout this review, so I can't comment on the 18+ events, such as Liquid (club) or the pubs. Maybe it'll sound uninformed in that way, and even slightly biased, but nobody ever gets to get a perspective like mine. This was my first Carnival cruise after going on mostly Norwegian and Royal Caribbean once (how can one resist the biggest cruise ship in existence?). I admit I didn't have high standards for it, and I was kind of right. I mean, I'm not gonna tear this cruise line or ship to pieces, but I have some critique, both good and bad. When I first arrived, I noticed the cabin had more room than the other ships I've been on, and it was cool to have a coffee table and TV. Unfortunately, the remote wasn't working very well, resulting in smashing the buttons more than twice to get to the channel, and then it would fast forward ten channels. That was also annoying when trying to access the cruise information on the TV, which sounds useful in theory. Upon waking up, the buffet was mobbed, with a huge line on either side. This was weird because on other ships there weren't organized lines, but that could be at the fault of the guests. Additionally, they should really have triple the amount of wet floor signs, because every single day of the ship, those floors were CONSTANTLY wet. Believe me, it wasn't from people entering from the pool; I saw staff literally mopping the floors over and over again. On that note, the staff were pretty good, though a little overbearing at times, like saying "Hello (insert name here)!" and "Where's (insert family member here)?" whenever you passed them. The buffet food wasn't that bad, but why are there two totally different ends of different things? I don't wanna walk all the way down just to get to another selection of food. Lines would be reduced if there were the same dishes on either side, especially for the Mongolian Wok, whose queue was ALWAYS stretched across the length of the deck. The specialty restaurants were overpriced, not as good as made out to be. I only went to the Italian one but I passed by the others. Talk about disappointment, especially with the sushi, whose menu had virtually nothing. And those singing waiters make me wanna barf. PLEASE GET RID OF THAT CARNIVAL IT MAKES US FEEL UNCOMFORTABLY AWKWARD. Eh, Sapphire had okay food, but I kept seeing a lot of repetition throughout the week, as well as misleading menu descriptions. For instance, an appetizer called "Caribbean Pepper Pot" was said to have peppers, plantains, okra -- it was actually a soup. I would've thought it would be like a dish -- why not just say "Caribbean Pepper Soup?" "Swirls" is also really deceiving, because the "frozen yogurt" is actually a "frozen dessert mix." Whether that's yogurt or not, I don't know, but it's some powder that freezes when dispensed. And don't say I'm lying because I saw the staff put it in at 1 AM. Speaking of such late hours, that's usually when the teen club is most active. You've heard about youth groups from parents, but never from someone whose been in and out everyday. I signed up for Club O2, which gave the guest a sticker on his or her sign and sail card. Usually every ship does that but I would rather have special bracelets like they do with the younger kids. When the card gets lost it requires going back and getting a new one every time, which gets annoying. I guess it shouldn't really matter since there's rarely anyone at the door checking for the stickers. Twenty year olds have gotten in because of that, looking to meet new people, as the adult venues can contain fifty year olds. Another reason was because there was never anything going on at O2. Only a few of the advertised activities were executed. There was only one youth director and he was present less than half of the time, resulting in no movies, no video games. Just recklessness. People were throwing things at each other and bringing in basketballs from the arcade. Outside of the teen club, there weren't many interactive activities besides trivia. Those questions were hard! At the same place though was a cover band that was AMAZING. Much better than the strippers, I mean dancers, at Ovation. Hasbro game show was cute, and the art gallery wasn't that bad, but the Thrill Theater wasn't all it was cracked up to be. I went to the gym most days and the machines are just like the remotes. The seminars only meant people trying to sell you something, and there was no point to the "SkyFitness" which have rickety apparatuses. Eh, it's late, and I don't wanna keep rambling. This just wasn't a spectacular cruise, not even the ports were that great without the excursions. 3/5.

Meh