3. American Queen
I recently did a week long cruise on the upper Mississippi on the American Queen. Gliding up the river on this paddle wheel boat was a great way to experience our mid west. The overall experience was excellent. The food was great (10/10) and featured local cuisine. After recently doing a river cruise in Europe, I though I might be a bit let down. Actually, I enjoyed this cruise more. The staff was friendly and very helpful. Since the boat has only 200 cabins, there was a more intimate feel to the experience. I was amazed at how many people were repeat sailors on this cruise which says a lot. I really enjoyed the stop in Hannibal, MO to experience the home of Mark Twain. The entertainment was beyond my expectations featuring some great young talent. I would highly recommend this trip to anyone and hope to do another trip on this boat in the future.

A Great Experience on the Upper Mississippi