3. Island Princess
My wife and I (both over 70) where very pleasantly surprised at the size of the balcony cabin on C deck; being first timers we were a little apprehensive after reading various reports. We found the cabin to be well planned, with plenty of room to unpack completely, and an out of sight storage area for our suitcases. The balcony was private and a secluded with two chairs and a small table. Ideal for sitting a watching the sea and trying to read. The bathroom on the whole was fine, but as I am over 6 ft tall I found the shower to be a little cramped. It was easier to wet down then put on soap before washing off – I was unable to shower in my normal way of avoiding the water whole soaping etc. This small detail would be my only negative comment. Check in at Venice went like a dream – shore going excursions and re boarding all went smoothly, which really impressed me the way so many people where handled so smoothly. The food in the restaurants was very good, as was the overall service. Horizon restaurant for lunch after time ashore was ideal, with a large choice of food, which was constantly refreshed. I liked the idea of compulsory hand sanitizing on entry to the buffet area, and the plastic barriers to stop anyone handling the food except via tongs. All the staff members that we came in contact with where friendly and helpful, it was difficult at the end of the cruise to single out those for special mention. We loved the Crooners Bar – quiet, yet very good for people watching; plus the picture windows over the sea kept me interested. We enjoyed the shows in the theater, even those on the top deck brought back memories of yesteryear. We are both 'sold' on cruising in the future

Sold on Cruising

Island Princess Cruise Review by Geoffscouse

Geoffscouse’s Full Rating Summary
Get Island Princess price drops

Premium Balcony
Cabin B2 C 535
Very good size with plenty of storage space - balcony space very good with table and chairs. Didn't hear any noise from outside, everything worked well, bed was comfortable - an excellent choice.
Caribe Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Pisa Walking Tour
    40 minute drive saw us in Pisa - the ten hour Pisa & Florence tour would have been too much for us in the high heat. Seeing Pisa was just right - an interesting guide and with time to sit and watch rather than rushing from place to place.
    View All 81 Pisa Walking Tour Reviews
  • City Tour
    A 90 minute drive to reach Rome, along with passengers from nine other cruise ships that where in port at the same time was a big ask for Rome. The city tour was well done and the guide was good. I would have preferred to visit the Colosseum rather than St Peter's Square for our lunch break. Followed by another 90 minute drive back to the ship in 40 c. The whole tour ship to ship was five hours.
    View All 321 City Tour Reviews