3. Pride of America
Our balcony cabin was unbelievably small. We always get the same category no matter the cruise line and this is by far the smallest we've ever had. 2 married people can barely pass between the bed and the wall, and when they made the sofa to a bed for my daughter we had to crawl over it to get to the balcony! It was very annoying. We are small-built people and I had trouble fitting in the shower. My elbows would hit the walls when I washed my hair. It is the most economical way to visit 4 islands but I was very disappointed that an American-ran ship was managed so poorly. It seemed almost no one knew what they were doing. Some did not even try, it was so evident. The ports are great! The 4 islands are awesome! The excursions were fantastic! Roberts of Hawaii operates most of the excursions for POA and we booked some through them and saved a lot of money. Some we booked through the ship and they were excellent also. Just realize Hawaii is why you are on the ship, and do not expect a lot from the POA and you will like it.

Don't expect too much and you'll be okay

Pride of America Cruise Review by Utjim

• Sail Date: August 2015
  • Destination: Hawaii
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

The ports are great! The 4 islands are awesome! The excursions were fantastic!

Utjimā€™s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian (NCL) Pride of America price drops

Balcony
Cabin BX 10040
Much, much too small. When the sofa was made into a bed, you had to crawl over it to get to the balcony. I have never had to do that on any ship before this one. I weigh 160 lbs. and was bumping my elbows on the walls and dispensers when I washed my hair in the shower. Yes it is that small.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Volcano National Park & Hilo Waterfall Tour
    You have to take this tour and see the volcanoes. I cannot describe how it feels to walk knowing that hot lava is under your feet.
    View All 112 Volcano National Park & Hilo Waterfall Tour Reviews
  • Island Tour
    Overall trip around the entire island. Saw many different sights. Our driver was excellent. You make lots of short stops to take pictures, etc. so you may feel rushed at times but you see so many different sights this way.
    View All 24 Island Tour Reviews
  • Polynesian Cultural Center
    We booked the Circle Island Tour through PCC and loved it. The villages at PCC were great and we saw so much variety and learned so much. The Luau was great. The Ha-Breath of Life was too long and almost boring at times, but at other times it was amazing.
    View All 43 Polynesian Cultural Center Reviews
  • Waimea Canyon
    Terrible weather at the canyon so visibility was only 150 feet. Other than that the tour was good.
    View All 120 Waimea Canyon Reviews
  • Snorkeling
    Captain Zodiac--to go 30 mph doing donuts in the ocean in a 24 foot raft is really fun. The snorkeling is pretty good also.
    View All 67 Snorkeling Reviews
  • Haleakala Crater
    The scenery at the crater is almost unreal. You are above the clouds and looking at something that they trained the Mars rover on. Hard to describe but well worth the money to take this tour.
    View All 83 Haleakala Crater Reviews