With rare exceptions if one reads the reviews, HA delivers a good value experience. Yes there are some cabin stewards and waiters better than others, but even the "bad" ones are good! I will not rehash all the positive information that is contained in dozens of positive reviews as they are mostly spot on. We signed up for two, 10 days cruises to the Southern Caribbean. Unlike other "20 day" cruises, while the ports of call were different, the shows and menus were repeats. Maybe this was obvious to everyone but us. Unfortunately, the entertainment was so-so and the lecturer [Olga] was TERRIBLE! I wonder who interviewed her! I guess once you have heard Dr. Wolf one has high expectations. I could describe making oatmeal more exciting than any of her lectures. Maybe ourselves are to blame for this drop in quality of entertainment on HA. Many people, including Cruise Critics, we talked to "lied" on the final cruise survey! So as not to hurt anyones' feelings they admitted they gave everything high ratings which were contrary to our dinner conversations. For example, one only needed to count the several dozen people who attended Olga's presentations verses Dr. Wolf's standing room only and one had to arrive 1/2 hour before the start if one wanted a seat! Yes, there are some negatives at HA. The ripoff charges for the Internet which is SLOW! Fortunately at every port there are nearby Internet Cafes which charge $5 - $6 per hour. We are compiling a port list of location and charges. Yes, the photo prices are also a ripoff as are the bottle wine prices. At least these are discretionary items. I would be remiss if I did not mention what an outstanding job was done by our Cruise Director Drew Murdock. With the shear strength of his personality and wit, he made every event he hosted a "good time" Unfortunately he is leaving the ship in January for 6 months! One final comment about Half Moon Cay. We have been there 5 times and the problem seems to be the same; not enough beach chairs. This time it was worse as the Westerdam was there at the same time. Half the day was spent waiting for the staff to bring out the chairs which started 2 hours AFTER we landed. It seems that the staff would have known the day before that two ships would be there and the extra chairs could be put in lace the previous day!

BACK TO BACK CRUISES NEVER AGAIN!

Noordam Cruise Review by HarbourMaster

HarbourMaster’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Noordam price drops

Interior Stateroom
Cabin K 1119
There does not seem to be an organized system of granting upgrades. We talked to several couples who had their rooms upgraded, after we were told before departure and on board,that none were available. The ones we talked to were either first time cruisers or Mariners who had fewer days than we had. Nonetheless, Cabin 1119 was more than satisfactory as we spent very little time in the cabin.
Observation Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins