3. Adventure of the Seas
I have been on five total cruises, the last two with Royal Caribbean and the rest with NCL or Princess. I was super impressed with our last cruise on Royal Caribbean's Freedom of the Seas, so I was shocked when I got on the Adventure and saw that it was in utter disrepair. My husband and I went with a group of 8 friends; four of them we had convinced to come with us on their first cruise as we promised it would be the best bang for their vacation buck. Now, I will say that overall we still had a great time as we aren't a group of people who are going to look for reasons to be upset and mopey...but the ship was pretty dated and beat up. From small things like the elevator buttons being broken or missing altogether up to our room smelling musty and having mildew in the shower. I don't want to drone on about all the things that were "wrong", but suffice it to say that just about every single thing on this ship evoked the feeling of, "Well, I guess they just phoned it in on that one". Many of the activities were planned at such times that it was not an easy feat to get to them plus dinner if you had either the 6 or 8:30 reserved dining time which was also annoying. Having five ports of call was amazing and we thoroughly enjoyed that, so that's a plus! But, spending the same amount of money on this ship when other ships that are WAY nicer are the same price is also quite frustrating. The embarkation and disembarkation processes went well and the staff at the reserved dining times were kind. However, overall it seemed like all the crew on this ship were people who might not quite cut it on other ships doing the job they were doing. I found it odd how the customer service was just a touch off. Nothing super glaring or rude, but simple gestures like saying hello or letting a passenger pass first in a hallway rather than charging ahead and making the passenger wait. I realize that might sound like I'm saying that everyone should bow to the passengers every whim...but in reality if I were walking through a supermarket and was crossing paths with a staff member, they would stop and let me go ahead first... it's just customer service 101. It didn't ruin my trip or make me angry, it just illustrates the point that the customer service was a hair off and a little disorienting. So, overall I would definitely not recommend this ship to anyone and I will not be traveling on it again myself. I won't go as far as to claim that Royal Caribbean is going downhill, but I have contacted them regarding this experience and hope they reply in some helpful way to keep me coming back since myself and my friends have had nice experiences with them in the past.

Disappointed with RC this time

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by ntallwhowndrRlst

• Sail Date: August 2015
  • Destination: Caribbean
ntallwhowndrRlst’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas price drops

The carpet was pulled out in one place, there was rust, mildew, broken wood on the headboard, sticky stuff on the night stand, the glass on the balcony was quite dirty, and an overall musty smell in the room. I realized that the ship might have dated decor as it was built in 1998...but it was actually worn out and falling apart.
  Adventure of the Seas Deck Plans

• Island Tour
    Sean from Scenic Island Tours is absolutely excellent at what he does. From the time we walked up to him and he was well-dressed with fancy shoes and the whole nine I knew we had made a good choice. He had a very nice van that was well air conditioned and he had what seemed like endless knowledge about the island. The entire island tour was made into an interesting story that he narrated the entire time. Our stops were interesting and filled with good history, but not so long that they became boring. And, the highlight for us, was stopping a few times for local (delicious) fruit and food. I will undoubtedly be doing this tour again and would recommend it to anyone!
    View All 160 Island Tour Reviews
  • Mount Gay Rum tour
    A group of 8 of us went. I am not super interested in rum, but it was still interesting to find out the history, etc. The rum lovers in our group really enjoyed this tour. We sprung for the (expensive) lunch tour and the food was actually delicious! It was definitely worth the visit, though I wouldn't find the need to do it a second time.
    View All 12,977 Mount Gay Rum tour Reviews
  • Essential St Kitts
    We went to the fortress as well as Romney Manor with the batik shop. The tour guide was WONDERFUL and knowledgeable and the van was clean and well air conditioned. It could have been a little bit longer, maybe only by 30-60 minutes, but that is my only complaint and it is certainly minor.
    View All 12,977 Essential St Kitts Reviews
  • St. Lucia
    It was easy to get a cab to the beach, but the people at the taxi depot at the port as well as the people trying to sell things on the beach were very aggressive. They did not go away easily after they approached you even if you began to outright ignore them. It was still a nice port, but not as good as it could have been if there had been less distractions and people pestering you.
    View All 1,387 St. Lucia Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's St. Lucia Cruise Port Review
  • Catamaran Tour
    Our group of 8 ABSOLUTELY LOVED the experience of renting the Seaduction catamaran for the day. Our staff from Private Yacht Charter, Tom and Alex, were off the charts amazing and made our experience perfect. I was shocked at how affordable a full day rental was, and it included beer, liquor, wine, water, soda, and snacks. They recommended an excellent secluded island that had an amazing restaurant on it. We also snorkeled with turtles. It was an amazing day and I will absolutely be doing it again!
    View All 78 Catamaran Tour Reviews