3. Celebrity Eclipse
I have just returned from this cruise in July and August with my husband. This is a lovely ship and the staff are excellent. The food was good, especially in the Blu restaurant which was lovely to use as we soon came to know all the waiters and meet several passengers in a relaxed environment. The entertainment was good, all credit to Sue and her team who were never without a smile on their faces. It wasn't all to our taste - do comedians really still talk about 'puffs' these days? - but it was varied enough to cater for all different tastes. My big criticism was the lack of a laundry room where we could do our washing or even just iron a shirt. Also, the excursions were way too expensive and there were other options when you got ashore, although to be fair they did usually inform you of these. We used Denrus in St. Petersburg which I would highly recommend - way cheaper than the ship's excursion and there were only 6 of us in a minibus - very easy and welcome, especially in the Hermitage where we saw groups of about 50 from the ship! The destinations were well chosen but we didn't go to Berlin as it was a 3 hours coach journey each way. Overall, this is a good way to get a taster of 7 cities in a short time without having to repack on a daily basis.

HAPPY DAYS

vennard’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Eclipse price drops

AquaClass
Cabin A1 1546
Good size, although we could have done with more storage. The cupboards over the bed were useful but not particularly accessible.
Penthouse Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins