3. Celestyal Olympia
We signed up for all the excursions we could. While it was exhausting, taking an excursion at each port-of-call was better than staying on the ship (read the other recent reviews). The beach transfers were the best deals. Our excursions all went well, but that might be because we were part of an EFTours student group and we had a Tour Director to handle issues and shepherd us through disembarking and other procedures. We did have one small group who had an excursion cancelled but they had enough notice and were able to make a substitution, with the Tour Director's assistance. Food was mediocre except for the desserts which were generally delicious. Breakfast was OK although the eggs left much to be desired. The Greek yogurt was good -- add mueslix, fruit and/or honey. The Grill was the best place to eat. Yes, hamburgers and pizza but better than what you get in America. DO NOT PURCHASE DRINK PACKAGES. It was near impossible to get served a drink, at dinner or the bars. As other reviews stated, service generally sucked. The best part of the cruise was disembarking on the last day! Would not use Celestyal Cruises again, mainly due to food and service issues. We did use the spa -- I had a manicure and pedicure on the very first afternoon, and my daughter had a massage. Although pricey, it was a nice way to start the cruise and we were very happy with those services. We never did have time to use the pool. Also noted our bathroom in the cabin was not cleaned well. Air conditioning -- I suspect they turned it down at night so it was not as cool. I woke up each night in a sweat. Did not appreciate that AT ALL given our exhausting daily activities. Excursion: Ancient Ephesus, Kusadasi, Turkey -- It was not advertised but after our visit to Ephesus we were taken to Turkman Village Art & Rug for a rug-making demo and shopping. It was fun but I wish I had been better prepared for this experience. Be sure to read the reviews on Turkman Village on TripAdvisoncom if you are visiting Kusadasi.

Food mediocre at best; Excursions OK

Celestyal Olympia Cruise Review by maria46

• Sail Date: July 2015
  • Destination: Greece

maria46’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celestyal Olympia price drops

Bathroom in the cabin was not cleaned well.
Air conditioning at night was lacking. I suspect they turned it down at night so it was not as cool. I woke up each night in a sweat. Did not appreciate that AT ALL given our exhausting daily activities.
Cabin was adequate for two.
Our teens were NOT happy in the cramped interior rooms with two bunkbeds, four teens and one toilet that clogged up several times.