3. Serenade of the Seas
I travel several times a year, including cruises with Ponant, Uniworld, Viking, Celebrity, & Holland America. This was my first (& last) Royal Caribbean cruise, booked only because I was joining a small group that had already commited to Royal Caribbean. The dining room staff were wonderful; while we encountered rude staff at the coffee stations in the Windjammer, all other staff there were helpful & courteous; overall, the food was good; the cabin was laid out nicely, with ample closet space (for 1 traveler), hangers & storage for folded clothing, toiletries, etc.; clean towels were provided daily & the bed was comfortable. Everything else was terrible. The nightly entertainment was cheesy, flashy, unbearable most nights, while good performances were enjoyed on 2 nights. The "library" consisted of a tiny designated corner of the bar, where wait staff often interrupted, asking for drink orders. We were confronted with hideous, loud music in various venues on the ship. My cabin offered an empty shower gel dispenser in the shower & 1 tiny bar of soap at the sink. I asked my cabin attendant for shower gel, only to be told that "only people who had suites" were provided with same. I was traveling with a group, some of whom were in suites & mentioned to their housekeeper that I had been provided with only the tiny bar of soap, after which their cabin attendant filled my dispenser. Others in my group claimed that their sheets were changed often. My bed linens were never changed during the 11-night cruise. When departing the ship for shore excursions, we were offered caffeinated beverages (and sometimes even water - what a concept!), for, as I recall, a price of apx. $5 per can. "Never again..."

Huge Disappointment