3. Celebrity Silhouette
The Silhouette is a gorgeous ship. Well appointed, nicely laid out. Lots of natural hues - very soothing. It IS a luxury experience, even with 2900 passengers on board. I am a Celebrity devotee. They always treat me very well, and I wouldn't dream of cruising with anyone else. So this review is nit-picky and specific. I was particularly excited about this itinerary because I had never been to any of the ports. And I was not disappointed. Gorgeous county of Kent - Canterbury/Dover/Sandwich. Beautiful day. Edinburgh was fantastic. We missed Inverness because of weather - but that's a long story. Belfast was terrific. Dublin was really nice. Cobh was quaint, and Guernsey was just beautiful I was booked on tours arranged via Cruise Critic in every port - that made it all the more special. The local guides really take pride in showing you their towns and heritage. It rained every day. And the sun came out every day. So it was the best of both. Not really shorts weather at all. But that's a nice change from some of the hotter itineraries. As a Sky Suite guest, I was entitled to eat in the new "Luminae" restaurant. It's a beautiful room. Very nice lighting, comfortable seating, really impressive. The food, on the other hand? Portions are very small. Order several courses. And the chef is trying so hard to impress. Every course is dressed with this and garnished with that with a side of what's-it served on whatcha-call-it. Fish was not flavorful at all. Duck was over-cooked and hard to chew. Chicken - over-cooked and dry. And desserts? Forget it. Masterful exotic creations that were simply not worth ordering. Have a cookie from the buffet. There was a lot of complaints about the embarkation in Amesterdam. I was on-board very quickly. But I understand that people waited in very long lines, some for more that an hour. This was rumored to be because of Immigration. Don't know. I would do this cruise again in a minute. A great ship with a great crew - oh! The Cruise Critic party was terrific! The captain introduced himself, the cruise director spoke. All very nicely done. And meeting lots of nice Cruise Critic folk was so great.

Fantastic Vacation

CruisingBrian’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Silhouette price drops

Sky Suite
Cabin S2 1669
Beautiful cabin. Very well looked after by the steward "Frankie" and the butler "Alexander". Interesting: I don't drink so I asked that the complimentary sparkling wine be taken away and replaced with a bottle of sparkling water. I also asked for the daily iced tea to be brought to my suite. Both requests were met with resistance. I wasn't on the beverage package, so I shouldn't have water. (?!) And the iced tea is only for Aqua Class guests. After gently pressuring for both, I was given delicious decaf-raspberry tea every day and bottled water.

Balcony on the aft cabin is not larger that the other balconies, like on the Millennium Class ships. And yes, there was frequently black soot from the exhaust all over the deck, chairs, and table. Don't wear white out there!

Bathroom was spacious and lovely. Water pressure was better in the late afternoon.

Big complaint: All suites come with an iPad docking station to charge your devices and play music. However, the plug does not accommodate the newer iPhones / iPads. I asked all over the ship for an adapter - I wanted to play music in my cabin! The answer? I was welcome to buy an adapter on six, in the Apple store. Grrrr. Trivial, I know. But it's misleading to advertise a product that isn't accessible to all makes and models.
Resort Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins