3. Carnival Valor
Well, I just got off the Valor and I have to say I was quite disappointed. The ship is in desperate need of a sandblasting! Paint over paint over paint. Paint splatter on deck chairs, windows, etc. If it wasn't painted it was rusty! The pool is SO small, but there is an over abundance of deck chairs. There was even stacks of deck chairs being stored on the sports deck. Check in was a breeze. Don't take ANY bottled water with you. It's not allowed. You can bring cases of canned soda though. My cabin, 2398, was excruciatingly hot every night and it's right across from "the pantry". That's where room service comes from. And they start early and work late! Doors slamming all the time. My room steward was less than attentive. Some days we had our Fun Times, and some days I had to go to Guest Services to get one. Rosie's Restaurant (The Buffet) was gross and dirty! Food on the floor and in the window sills. Dust on everything and greasy floors. I especially loved the Bacon regulations. Only 2 pieces per plate and under chef attendance. Dinner in the dining room was pretty good. Service in there was excellent, too. Caught two of the comedy shows. They were funny and only 30 minutes. Shows were just ok. Nothing spectacular. Did a dive in movie, but with all the spots on the screen, (a few cells are out?) it wasn't amazing. And the hot tubs are between the screen and the chairs so if they are filled with screaming children, you can't hear the movie. They do offer blankets and popcorn, though, that was nice. Bar service was seriously lacking. Watch your toes on the upper decks around the pool. The wood planks are coming up and they HURT when the piggies hit them. Serenity is nice. Cushions on the chairs are nice and bar service here is much better. The band in the Shogun was great each night and the trivia between sets fun. Smoking at the Shogun bar was poorly filtered. When the elevator passes the 5th floor you can definitely tell because of the smoke smell. Speaking of elevators, they didn't work half the time. The center set was broken/off most of the time. If you buy anything liquid in a port, be prepared to pour it out before you get back on the ship. We purchased a bottle of water on our way back and had to dump it to get on the ship. If you bring your own water bottle, same thing. As a Gold VIFP, I am entitled to a bottle of water in my cabin. Well, that never arrived and the bottle of water they have in your cabin is NOT the free bottle, even though it's the same size. I mentioned this to Guest Services as I thought it was my free bottle and was charged $5 for it. They said I should asked for my free bottle and too bad I have to pay for the one I opened. Overall, this was the worst ship I've ever been on.

Extremely Disappointed

Carnival Valor Cruise Review by Tampamatchmaker

Tampamatchmaker’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 16+
Get Carnival Valor price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6B 2398
HOT! Right across from "the pantry" so room service was in and out at all hours.
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins