• Newsletter

2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Jul 2015
Cabin:

We enjoyed our cruise from Bergen to Kirkenes very much. We did not opt for an upgraded cabin. The standard cabin was fine for sleeping and showering. We did opt for a window. We were on the port side, and my spouse could hear noise when the shipped docked and left at night. The scenery is great and changes constantly and there is a lot to see from either side of the ship.

The food was a bit hit and miss. My spouse did not like the set meals in the evening, but I enjoyed all of them, particularly the seafood ones. The breakfast and lunch buffets got a bit crowded at times, but there was always enough and a variety. I did not expect fresh fruit daily, but it was available.

We only did one excursion (it was very expensive) that was to the glacier. It was nice to travel in a smaller sightseeing boat, but the glacier was smaller than I expected (I should not compare it to the glaciers we saw in Alaska)

Cabin Outside window cabin

The cabin was European compact, but adequate for sleeping and showering. The shower was actually bigger than that of some hotel rooms we had. We stored our bags under the bed and found the available space very adequate (we are light packers).

Port Reviews

Trondheim

We walked to the Nidaros cathedral - I saw no reason to pay for the excursion that simply provided a bus and guide. There was no charge to visit the cathedral itself. And the walk was pleasant.

Tromso

We walked to Mack's Brewery. Pretty amazing place if you like beer (there were about 45 beer on draft as well as about 5 kinds of cider).

20 Helpful Votes