3. Island Princess
This is a beautiful ship in excellent condition with outstanding cuisine and a very attentive staff & crew. I have sailed 2 previous times with Princess but this was my first time on an "older" Princess ship. Now I chuckle writing that because the Island Princess just came out of an extensive dry dock and looks brand new! We originally booked a mini-suite and were offered an upsale 6 weeks prior to departure to a full suite. I cannot say enough how beautiful the Naples suite is (Baja Deck 745). Marble entry way, full size jacuzzi bathtub, separate shower, 2 sinks, private toilet area, separate living/bedroom area, extremely comfortable mattresses, more storage than needed & a double balcony. Again - the nicest stateroom we've ever had. We were the 4th sailing after the dry dock so we felt very fortunate to experience this stateroom in its prime condition. I'm posting the Princess Patters and Port Guides from our cruise under Princess Cruise Line forums - so be sure and check those out for all of the activities and itinerary information. There was always plenty to do but our favorite spot on the ship will always be the Sanctuary! SO quiet and relaxing. The dining was very good to excellent. Some dishes better than others but consistently very good. We loved the crusty rolls, softened butter, variety of menu choices & scrumptious desserts. The wine choices were good too. I am sad to say that our worst meal was in Sabitini's which we paid extra for. That was our first night and we never went back. Horizon's Buffet was okay. Not my favorite but sometimes it fit our time schedule for breakfast, lunch or a late night snack. Suites are offered an extended room service menu - the blueberry pancakes were the best. For some reason, our room service orders never, ever came as ordered. We always had to call back with something they forgot (bowl for the cereal we ordered for example). They really couldn't get it right. Embarkation and Disembarkation were painless. Princess has this down perfectly. The port lectures were outstanding. I can't say enough about how important it is to attend the lectures for a port intensive itinerary such as the Grand Mediterranean. Peter (the port expert) always offered great tips for getting on and off the ship. He even had office hours where you could ask him questions about your planned day. His knowledge cannot be emphasized enough! We loved all the ports (missed Istanbul due to rescuing the Syrian refugees). Our favorites were Santorini (substituted for Istanbul), Mykonos & Naples. It's amazing how much you can see in the 10 hours you have in port! We did a mixture of Princess shore excursions and those we booked privately. Both were great. The comedian, Al Katz, was the best we've experienced on any cruise. What a super funny guy that kept it clean for families! Other entertainment was very good. You won't go wrong booking the Island Princess! I can't say enough good things about our trip. Princess really knows how to offer a consistently wonderful cruise experience!

Wonderful GRAND MEDITERRANEAN experience on Island Princess

Island Princess Cruise Review by 4hends

• Sail Date: July 2015
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Premium Suite with Balcony

Embarkation and Disembarkation were painless. Princess has this down perfectly.

4hends’s Full Rating Summary
Get Island Princess price drops

Premium Suite with Balcony
Cabin S5 B745
We were the 4th cruise to experience our suite since it's 2015 spring dry dock. What a BEAUTIFUL cabin! Marble entryway, separate living room & bedroom, tons of storage, full size jacuzzi bathtub, separate shower, 2 sinks, private toilet area. It was perfection!
Baja Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins