3. Seabourn Odyssey
My husband and I have recently returned from a 7 night cruise on Seabourn Odyssey Athens to Venice. We have cruised several times previously on Celebrity but after a disappointing cruise on the Reflection decided we wanted to try a smaller ship and a more 'luxury' experience. And we certainly got that! From the moment we stepped on board it was another experience entirely. The ship itself is understated elegance - no ostentatious décor or bling anywhere - it created a very relaxing environment everywhere we went and oh how much space there was to relax in! The ship only carries 450 passengers so it is never crowded and there was always somewhere to go to sunbathe in peace or to just have a coffee and read - the exact opposite of the Reflection where the noise and crowds were everywhere. Relaxing on deck 5 was a hidden gem - a small pool, 2 Jacuzzis and shade for my hubby whist I was sunning myself. Also great service from the staff coming round with cold drinks, fruit punches, champagne (always on tap!) and anything else we needed. Our cabin was very spacious and every little detail had been thought of - wine, beer and champagne in the fridge with an ice bucket filled daily. Large bottles of water left in the cabin every day, a walk in closet with plenty of room to store everything, a bathroom with separate shower and bath and double sinks with gorgeous Molten Brown toiletries. Absolutely the best cabin we have stayed in. The food was superb in every venue - we enjoyed the main restaurant but our favourite was The Colonnade in the evenings, where we could sit outside, be served an amazing meal with fabulous wines and just soak up the atmosphere. Above all though the most memorable part of this cruise was the outstanding service we received from everyone - from our cabin stewardess who kept our cabin immaculate, to the waiters and waitresses who looked after us so well, remembering our names and what we liked to eat, drink, where we liked to sit etc and all with a smile on their faces and a genuine desire to please. The entertainment staff were wonderful and our most memorable evening was the on deck 'Rock the Boat' party with a live band and dancers - all the guests joined in and there was a real 'family' atmosphere. Our ports of call were varied - some small and very quiet to the big touristy destinations of Dubrovnik and Venice. We chose to go on the ship's excursions and these were all very well organised and the best part - only small groups so you got a much more personal experience. Prior to this cruise we were a little apprehensive about booking a '6 star cruise' thinking that we may feel a little out of our depth and that we wouldn't fit in but how wrong could we be! We felt so comfortable and welcomed from the minute we boarded to the minute we left and were spoilt rotten the entire cruise! If you are thinking about making that step from mass market to luxury I wouldn't hesitate to recommend you do it. Yes - it is more expensive but worth every penny. Both my husband and I said that overall this was the best value for money cruise we have ever been on - and we are now looking to book our 2016 cruise with Seabourn!

Fabulous Odyssey!

Seabourn Odyssey Cruise Review by ktchoirgirl

ktchoirgirl’s Full Rating Summary
Get Seabourn Odyssey price drops

Veranda Suite
Cabin V5 654
Great location on Deck 6 - close to stairs - we never needed to use the lift once! Very spacious with walk in closet and bathroom with separate shower and bath.
Large balcony - there was an extra overhang from the suite above but this did not affect us at all - we still got plenty of sun on the balcony, which was also very private.
No noise in the vicinity - would recommend this location.
Deck 6 Suite Cabins