• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Ocean Princess Review

Editor Rating
14 Awards

Tired ship seems already retired

Review for Ocean Princess to Europe
eurocougar
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Jul 2015
Cabin: Oceanview (obstructed view)

Just returned from a 14-day trip to the Shetland Islands, Iceland and Norway. This cruise was hard to review, because so many things were variable.

PROS:

1. Staff were great. Everyone from the captain on down couldn't have been friendlier or nicer. They went a long way to cover up some negatives that otherwise might nave been glaring (see CONS below).

Oceanview (obstructed view)

Port Reviews

Akureyri

The Botanical Gardens are a serious hike from the ship, and are not easy to find but they are worth the effort.

Bergen

I had done a lot of homework on Bergen, and was very excited to get there. However I was not as impressed with the place as I thought I would be. Very touristy, and not particularly interesting. The highlight for me was the private tour I booked with the Edvard Grieg Museum at Troldhaugen: bus picked us up at the Tourist Office by the harbor, drove us out to Grieg's home, where we had a private tour of his house (very nice), time to visit his composing "hut" and his grave, and then a private piano concert in the small concert hall next to his home. It was a Norwegian pianist, who not only played for an hour, but told us a lot about Grieg, his times, his work, and his place in Norwegian musical history. VERY nice tour!

Find an Ocean Princess Cruise