3. Disney Fantasy
Cruise date was 7/15 to the eastern Caribbean. I am a veteran cruiser of 16 previous cruises of various companies and itineraries, and I have a feel for what is good and what isn't when it comes to cruising. We booked this cruise a 13 months prior to sailing, no visit from the upgrade grade fairy even though we booked substantially far in advance. Boarding was the typical hurry up and wait routine. The rooms were ready by 1:30 p.m. Can't say enough about the room stewards, they work hard especially on the day before and on the day of embarkation. The stateroom was nice, we had a balcony and it was nice and well kept. Food has improved from our last and only other Disney cruise (Wonder). Food has improved over the last cruise with Disney, but is still average when comparing with other cruise lines that cost less. I must say I was constantly reminded on a daily basis by our waiter of how great his service was and the importance of receiving an excellent rating. Excellent? Not really, but adequate. Entertainment was again very good. Disney productions were above the industries average. On this Disney cruise, we found ourselves searching for things to do. I guess my biggest issue with Disney Cruise Line is the affordability. I basically paid double the cost of my previous eastern Caribbean cruise with a very well respected cruise line. On top of the basic fair there was the shops, the port tours and other amenities that were not included in the cost of the cruise were very high. Ship was very crowded, made it difficult to enjoy sail away and Pirates Night. Elevators were always full to the point of having to wait for another to arrive. The tour desk staff left a lot to be desired, it seemed as though the personnel that staffed the desk were at the dentist about to have a tooth pulled, not overly friendly. There understanding or lack of kept them from giving us an adequate description of the tour we booked. It was very sub-par for the cost. Recommendation? Book with RCI, Princess or Celebrity and save yourself enough money to finance another cruise.

Not my Fantasy!

Disney Fantasy Cruise Review by LDS4me

• Sail Date: July 2015
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah (undersized or obstructed verandah)

LDS4me’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 10 to 12
Get Disney Fantasy price drops

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah (undersized or obstructed verandah)
Cabin 07A 7022
Very pleased, cudos to the stateroom staff.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins