3. Norwegian Jade
This is my first cruise on NCL but my 7th overall. I was expecting at least as good as the others but not less. I even bought more expensive room. A Cruise Critic blog suggested that NCL provided a free shuttle from Piazza Roma in Venice to the ships. It was a very hot day, not the type of day to be walking with suitcases. There were representatives, but they were all in the shade and only pointing directions. When we finally got to where the bags were to be dropped off, the bag handler made me put my bags on the conveyor belt, didn't want to be bothered with that. Check in was chaotic, going from one end to the other. Our first night dinner, we went to the Grand Pacific dinning room. We ordered french onion soup but it was so salty and tasteless. I told my wife that they probably made the "soup" from a can and simply dropped a round piece of bread that had previously been baked with some cheese. The waitress said that they didn't have facilities to make it, so we suggested that they probably shouldn't offer it. My wife had to ask for ice tea and then the waitress just brought one for her, never asking me if I would care for something to drink. At the end, my wife ordered a brownie with ice cream, but it was just a piece of chocolate cake and not a brownie at all. The next morning, we found out that the ship does not provide conditioner but you can buy some in their store for $13. We did have some good experiences at their Alizar dinning, where the wait staff was very good, alas the food was just OK. We took most of our meals at the buffet so that we could have a greater choice. The destinations were great and we arranged for our own excursions on-line. The arrival back in Venice was handled great! They separated people into groups so that when we got off, it was smooth and all handled well.

Dissapointing cruise

Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by tdelpinal

• Sail Date: July 2015
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Inside

The destinations were great and we arranged for our own excursions on-line.

tdelpinal’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Jade price drops

Mid-Ship Inside
Cabin IB
The attendant was good and the rooms were clean. But no conditioner? All the other cruise lines provide it, so do the hotels.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• City Tour
    A little disappointing, because it was very hectic and lots of people, very windy.
    View All 154 City Tour Reviews
  • Monaco & Village of Eze
    Eze was great, but beware if you can't walk! We were on a small tour van, so the driver took us up as far as cars can go. The big bus tours leave you down the hill, having to walk up a steep walkway! The visit to Fragonard perfume factory was very good and informative and Monaco was wonderful. BIG SPENDERS!
    View All 27 Monaco & Village of Eze Reviews
  • Florence & Pisa Tour
    What a jewel of a city! We would like to have spent a week here.
    View All 243 Florence & Pisa Tour Reviews
  • Basilica of St. John
    This was one of the best tours. We had a great guide, super sense of humor and well versed on the history. Our tour included a great lunch under the shade of trees with local cuisine. We also saw the carpet weaving and the collecting of silk threads from the cocoons.
    View All 26 Basilica of St. John Reviews
  • Carpet Weaving
    We were told that this is a dying art, as the young people are not interested in being weavers so the government is trying to provide incentives so that it can be carried on by the younger generations.
    View All 40 Carpet Weaving Reviews
  • Celsus Library
    Impressive ruins
    View All 22 Celsus Library Reviews
  • City Tour
    The best was the visit to Colosseum. It was super crowded and hot but an impressive building. The fountain of Trevi was being restored so it was full of scaffolding and tarps. VERY CROWDED!
    View All 320 City Tour Reviews
  • Island Tour
    The island is beautiful and colorful. Caution: When 5 cruise ships are docked all at the same time, you will have more than 10,000 visitors. When getting back to the tender, we waited in a long, long line for 1.5 hours to go down the gondola which can only take about 36 people every 15 minutes. The alternative is to go down the stairs, over 450 of them but you can get down in 30 minutes.
    View All 102 Island Tour Reviews
  • Oia Wine Tasting
    Winery on a hill, were we got to try 4 of their wines and nibble on cheese, bread and olives.
    View All 95 Oia Wine Tasting Reviews