• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Viking Star Review

Editor Rating
69 Awards

Leave It to Viking to do it Right .

Review for Viking Star to Norwegian Fjords
Cruise for Enjoyment
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Jul 2015
Cabin:

My wife and I just came back from cruising the"Viking Homeland" cruise and it was just wonderful . My wife and I also did the pre cruise Iceland tour. It was well worth the time and dollars spent. Don't be timid and not soak in the Blue Lagoon. It's a once in the lifetime experience.

What can I say , the weather was for the most part cool but sunny , except in St Petersburg where it rained after visiting the fountains and palaces .

The ship and crew are top notch ! The ship is small, just the right size for cruising ! We waited for two years for this adventure and I would do it all over again. Matter a fact we are going on the Maiden Voyage of their New ship "Viking Sea" - (Catalonia to Constantinople) next April.

Cabin DV1

The cabin is quite adequate !! The bathroom is just wonderful - heated floors - one of the largest showers afloat !! No bathtubs to fall in on this ship !! The room stewart's we had where just Great. They made sure we where always taken care of and never needed anything - Great Job done by Roman and Milan ...

Port Reviews

Helsinki

met friends and went into town - we had lunch ( reindeer meat and potatoes ) . Then went to hear a military band place in the center of the town and see the main church in town . Very Nice time .

3 Helpful Votes