Viking Star Cruise Review
1,878 Reviews

Leave It to Viking to do it Right .

Viking Star Cruise Review by Cruise for Enjoyment

• Sail Date: Jul 2015
  • Destination: Norwegian Fjords

My wife and I just came back from cruising the"Viking Homeland" cruise and it was just wonderful . My wife and I also did the pre cruise Iceland tour. It was well worth the time and dollars spent. Don't be timid and not soak in the Blue Lagoon. It's a once in the lifetime experience.

What can I say , the weather was for the most part cool but sunny , except in St Petersburg where it rained after visiting the fountains and palaces .

The ship and crew are top notch ! The ship is small, just the right size for cruising ! We waited for two years for this adventure and I would do it all over again. Matter a fact we are going on the Maiden Voyage of their New ship "Viking Sea" - (Catalonia to Constantinople) next April.

I really can't say what my favor area of the ship was - Explorers" Lounge, the Al Fresco Dining around the pool area, Manfredi's Italian or just Dinner in The Restaurant . All of the locations were very special areas, which the crew made you feel like you were in your own living room . They knew your name and your favorite beverage of your choice after the first day. Quite remarkable!

People must remember that this ship is a casual dress ship - we had a VH1 catagory cabin and we had more than adquite space for storage . Make your life easier and not overpack - you will not need it. Remember this is a adult focused ship, so very little is offered to kids under the age of 21 - I hope they keep it that way !

The only area that I feel needs help is in the dis embarkation . Viking should offer the service that Holland America and others offer . Pay a set fee and leave your bags outside your cabin and you don't see them until your final destination . It's worth the extra money to get this service and I would pay it.

Looking forward to traveling on the Sea in April ...

Cruise for Enjoyment's Full Rating Summary

Cabin DV1 8014

The cabin is quite adequate !! The bathroom is just wonderful - heated floors - one of the largest showers afloat !! No bathtubs to fall in on this ship !! The room stewart's we had where just Great. They made sure we where always taken care of and never needed anything - Great Job done by Roman and Milan ...

Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood

Wonderful and Beautiful

View All 210 Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood Reviews
St. Isaac's Cathedral

Beautiful

View All 113 St. Isaac's Cathedral Reviews

Very nice tour, don't forget to duck when going under the bridges . Great way to see the city .

View All undefined undefined Reviews
City Tour

the city tour covers most of the high points in the city . The only problem is the travel time from the ship and back 6 hours each way . too long but i did enjoy seeing Berlin once I got there

View All 140 City Tour Reviews
Gullfoss Waterfall

Nice - Fun Time

View All 9 Gullfoss Waterfall Reviews
Flam Railway

Great time - the weather broke and we had a great time

View All 212 Flam Railway Reviews
Pulpit Rock

Great time - the tour operator really got us involved - weather was great - beautiful views . Well worth the money

View All 76 Pulpit Rock Reviews
Helsinki

met friends and went into town - we had lunch ( reindeer meat and potatoes ) . Then went to hear a military band place in the center of the town and see the main church in town . Very Nice time .

Old Town of Tallinn

nice tour - not for people with mobility issues .

View All 189 Old Town of Tallinn Reviews