3. Pride of America
My husband and I recently cruised on the Pride of America as part of a family vacation for a party totaling 8 adults (4 married couples). We had a wonderful time! The majority of our group had not cruised before, but the information we received prior to embarkation was excellent. The check in process was very smooth. Everyone from the NCL staff on board that we interacted with was gracious and very accommodating. Our room steward was helpful with port tips and extra towels. We ate dinner only in the complimentary venues, which was more than enough variety for us! The food was great (I gained 5 lbs) and service excellent. 1 member of our party has a severe allergy to cow-based dairy, and the staff in the Skyline Dining Room went above and beyond to ensure he had a delicious dinner each night that we dined. My husband and I also purchased the wine package with help from yet another member of the friendly NCL staff. The selection was very nice, and we were happy with the discount and quality of our wines. We had booked our excursions prior to embarkation, but other members of our party were able to book excursions from the ship. All of our excursions were very well-done, and we have loads of photos and great memories to show. Each driver or guide was knowledgeable about the area of the tour, and provided helpful narration. Our favorite excursion was the "Secret Waterfalls of Kohala" on the day we were in Kona. The waterfalls, hike, swim and lunch were EXCELLENT. Our family also attended the Lu'au on Kauai and it was very well done. I would recommend it for anyone that has not attended a Lu'au before. The on ship entertainment options were excellent. I saw several shows (all musically-based) where I was blown away by the talent. My husband and I also participated in the two wine tastings, which we greatly enjoyed. The wine steward was funny and informative. We never lacked for something to "do" - and sometimes we just enjoyed sitting on the balcony or the pool decks enjoying the air at sea. This was an excellent way to see a large portion of Hawaii without organizing our own inter-island transportation or housing. We already plan to cruise with NCL again.

Family Trip of a Lifetime

ashelbie’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian (NCL) Pride of America price drops

Balcony
Cabin BF
Our cabin was clean and comfortable. We LOVED the balcony - we spent quite a bit of time enjoying the fresh air while at sea and in the mornings in port.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Volcano National Park & Hilo Waterfall Tour
    A good way to see a lot of sites around Hilo, but it is most of the time spent on a travel bus. We had a full load, and we ran late several times waiting for stragglers to get back on the bus.
    View All 112 Volcano National Park & Hilo Waterfall Tour Reviews
  • Kauai Plantation Railway
    Cute little railway around the plantation that hosts the Lu'au. It's fun, but not a must-see.
    View All 25 Kauai Plantation Railway Reviews
  • Luau
    EXCELLENT. Go for the Lu'au experience! Great food, drinks, atmosphere.
  • Waimea Canyon
    Our driver had wonderful stories and narration to tell us on the way up to the canyon. We also enjoyed the stops for coffee and the spouting horn on the way back. Very glad we booked this tour.
    View All 120 Waimea Canyon Reviews
  • Waterfall Adventure
    Our favorite excursion! Small group (we had 11) with our guide on private property and marked trails. Gorgeous waterfalls, nice swimming and a great spot for lunch overlooking the ocean. Worth the money and time.
    View All 10 Waterfall Adventure Reviews
  • Hiking
    Nice hike to waterfalls off the Road to Hana. All on public access, so expect lots of other people (and kids, and dogs) in the areas where you swim and hike.
  • Molokini Crater
    Crew was top-notch and friendly. The lunch was also very tasty after swimming around for a while. The only bummer was that we didn't get to do the second site for turtles, as the wind had come up and the surf was too dangerous. Can't control the weather - would go again!
    View All 43 Molokini Crater Reviews