3. Navigator of the Seas
Galveston is a very inconvenient departure port especially coming from the west coast requiring an overnight stay. The next day we showing up at the airport to take the RC bus to Galveston. Honestly, don't they do this every day? How can it get so messed up and be over an hour late? So we got to Navigator after 1:30 and got through check-in quickly due to my Emerald status but the other lines were jammed. First off our cabin just stank. There was trash (pizza and cigar wrappers( still in the trash can. The couch was filthy, as if kids had been jumping on it with dirty shoes and the toilet anointed our bathroom with an inch of water for our arrival. So sorry no other rooms. Water vacuumed up but nothing to do about the smell. Oh well. Balcony in disrepair and unusable most of the cruise due to maintenance crew tearing up the deck. Why couldn't this have been done in dry dock? Our party of four; instead of our requested table for four was split up at two tables for six on other floors. When I asked for a table together I was told nothing was available, which as we all know is nonsense. I very pleasantly told the supercilious head waiter that I was certain something could be found and I would stand there until it was and if necessary take me meals there. Amazingly a table showed up! Waiters very good. Food hit and miss continuing the gradual decline of MDR food discussed in detail on the boards. Chops and Giovanni's excellent but we went there more to avoid the MDR than to treat ourselves so their evil plan is working. Entertainment also hit and miss with a strange combination of comedians during the week. Take into account lots of kids were aboard (not a problem for us) and lots of Texans too this was a strange mix. So I will certainly cruise RC again but I'm not going to Galveston again unless some twist of fate finds me living in the Lone Star State. It's easier to fly to Florida. Navigator needs work and they shouldn't be doing it on my vacation.

Really 3.5 Stars

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by Baggageman

• Sail Date: July 2015
  • Destination: Caribbean

Navigator needs work and they shouldn't be doing it on my vacation.
Baggageman’s Full Rating Summary