Britannia Cruise Review

Brilliant Britannia!

Britannia Cruise Review by Stellamax09

• Sail Date: Jul 2015
  • Destination: Norwegian Fjords

I was a little apprehensive after reading the negative reviews on here. I needn't have worried. The ship is fabulous and very difficult to find fault with in my opinion.

Embarkation was very smooth. We arrived early and after a 30 minute wait we were on board. Lunch was available and then you were able to go to your cabins.

Cabins are new and very comfortable, no complaints at all. Lovely cabin steward who looked after us all week was a delight. Bathroom was very spacious with BIG fluffy towels fresh every day, none of those bum skimmers the size of a postage stamp.

There's lots of choice for eating and drinking. We loved the Glasshouse, the Market Place does great coffee and cakes. We dined in the Oriental every night. It was a little bit cramped but food and service were both great.

There is plenty to do at all hours of day and night, you could fill every waking hour quite easily should you so wish.

Entertainment was good, we saw Pulse "the best party band in the world...at sea!" a few times. They were good fun and didn't take themselves too seriously. Yes, it's cheesy covers but you're on a cruise, embrace it!

As a disabled cruiser, this is a brand new ship and it shows. Accessibility is excellent. My adapted cabin was very spacious, plenty of space to turn my scooter and park it without being in the way. Full access to the balcony too. Lots of grabrails in the bathroom, sturdy shower seat, a wetroom that actually drains quickly so no massive puddles for hours afterwards. There are plenty of disabled loos around the ship using push buttons to operate the doors, again very spacious inside for ease of turning wheelchairs, scooters etc.

Finally, the dreaded lifts. The horror stories I'd read about these...but guess what, it's fine! Yes, they were busy on the first day as everybody rides up and down endlessly but it soon settled down. There are always the ignorant few who pile in before letting people out but on the whole people were sensible and polite. My husband is able bodied so used the stairs more often than not. No big deal.

I would return to Britannia in a flash, looking forward to my next cruise!

Stellamax09's Full Rating Summary