3. Costa Deliziosa
The ship itself was a nice design with a relaxed feeling. The top deck pool area had a bit of a party atmosphere, although the pool itself was tiny with about 30 or 40 people in it most of the day. Cabin was spacious and pleasant. Most of the staff on board are asian I found a number of the drinks waitors really needed prompting to serve drinks and rarely smiled. If you were sat at a table and went to the bar yourself this was frowned on. There was quite a number of the filipino and Indonesian bar staff that were quite unpleasant to deal with slamming down drinks and generally being rude. I politely asked why there were so unfriendly and I was told that they work 12hr shifts everyday for 8 months. I have worked long hours under stressful conditions for a large part of my working life so although I understood what he was saying I didn't have any sympathy for him or his collegues due to the unprofessional manner in which they were carrying on. If I had experienced rudeness from staff at my local pub I would take my business elsewhere- not so easy to do on a cruise when you've already purchased the all inclusive drinks package. Breakfast was exactly the same ham and cheese every morning. Lunch was also repetitive and overcooked. Although there was plenty of drink stations present on deck 9 for dining purposes only 1 or 2 would be open at any one time which was confusing and required long walks around the large dining area to find one open so I would rate the deck 9 canteen as 2 star dining. Evening meal was ok the waitors seemed less experienced and had less personality that what we have experienced on other cruise lines. Food portion sizes were small and if you like you meat and veg together then you might be disappointed I rate evening meal as 3 star. On the positive side the cruise was quite a cheap initial price, however tips were pricey and non negotiable and I was over charged for the wifi. In future I will pay a little more and go back to princess and celebrity.

Disappointing

Costa Deliziosa Cruise Review by stevebroon

In future I will pay a little more and go back to princess and celebrity.
stevebroon’s Full Rating Summary
Get Costa Deliziosa price drops

Balcony Premium
Cabin BP
Cabin was spacious and quite nice.
Petunia Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins