3. Pride of America
I would still class myself as a newbie cruiser- this is only my second cruise. The first was with RCL to the South Pacific. The NCL cruise was good- better in many respects than the RCL cruise. Pros: - food. I thought the food was great. Really don't have a single bad word to say about it! We ate in the Aloha Café most of the time as after a long day on the islands we really didn't feel like dressing up to go for dinner in the main dining room. The quality and variety of food in the Aloha café was exceptional. There was nothing I ate which I didn't like. Plenty of fresh and healthy options too- which is important to me personally when on a holiday (very easy to leave the holiday 10 kgs heavier otherwise!). We ate in the main dining room for two nights and the food there was fantastic. - itinerary. Other people have commented on this - this is the best part of this cruise. There's no way we would have got to see so much in such a short time otherwise. We loved all the islands- they all have their own unique charms. - Stateroom- was much more spacious than our previous cruise and had everything we needed. Looked modern and no visible damage. We loved being on floor 11 where we were so close to the Aloha Café! - level of cleanliness- everything was spotless. - the gym was really good and well stocked. Cons: - lack of updates by the captain. I loved this about the RCL cruise- the captain's announcement on a daily basis. We only heard from the captain when there was a delay to our departure time due to a medical emergency. Its a shame as a 2 minute announcement on weather, position, schedule etc is a nice thing to hear and makes you feel 'in the loop'. constant penny pinching by the cruiseline- I think this is most people's pet peeve. It's quite staggering. I had to apply for a job whilst I was on holiday - and was hoping that in 2015 there would be at least some support for people who have to do some work on holiday who did not bring a laptop. The cheapest option I had to me using the ship's questionable wifi was 100 minutes for $80. $80!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just outrageous. Who pays $80 for wifi in 2015! - the volume of people aboard. I know this is largely out of the control of the cruiseline but it was just wayyyyy too crowded. There were many, many instances of waiting in line for things which just decreases your enjoyment of your holiday overall. - some of the staff definitely looked worn out and needed a break! Overall- we really enjoyed the cruise and would probably use the cruiseline again. I just would never ever rely on the ship's wifi for anything!!!!

Very enjoyable cruise

Pride of America Cruise Review by darkestred

• Sail Date: July 2015
  • Destination: Hawaii
  • Cabin Type: Inside

Pros:

- level of cleanliness- everything was spotless.

- the gym was really good and well stocked.

Cons:

- some of the staff definitely looked worn out and needed a break!

darkestred’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian (NCL) Pride of America price drops

Inside
Cabin IX 11501
Lovely cabin. We had the end on the bow side- so only one neighbour. Very clean and well serviced. Had everything we needed.
Deck 4 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins