3. Navigator of the Seas
Navigator July 19-July 26: (First time sailing on RCCL) 14 year old son and Dad arrived at Galveston Park-n-Cruise parking at 10:20 a.m. Walked across the street and gave luggage to porter. Got in line outside terminal at 10:30 a.m. As approached inside of terminal, far right line opened and walked directly to check-in counter. Completed check-in and went directly onto ship. Time was now 10:57 a.m. Check-in was a breeze. Walked around exploring and went to Windjammers for lunch at 11:30 a.m. which was not crowded. Food was decent for a buffet. Explored ship after lunch and went to room at 1:10 p.m. and changed into swimsuits for a nice dip in the pools. Luggage did not arrive until 6:00 p.m. Room Stewart (Jennifer) stated that those first on the ship usually got their luggage last. We had early supper seating. Food was great every night in Main Dining Room except last night (Pomodoro). (If you are going to choose a specialty restaurant, do so on “Pomodoro” menu night.) We had two starters/apps and two main courses every night except lobster night (Friday) when we had 3 lobster tails along with two starters/apps. Was asked if we wanted another but declined. Head waiter stated that shorts are allowed in Main Dining Room except for the two formal nights. We wore khaki pants, white shirts, and ties on formal nights. We wore shorts the other nights. We sat at a table of six and service was quick. My son did activities with the 12-14 year old group on sea days/evenings and on shore days in the evenings. He had a great time with the activities and just walking around/hanging out with his new friends. We went to the 3:30 p.m. Ice Show on Monday. It was a great show. Do not miss this show. Weather was great every day. We visited Cozumel (Mr. Sancho’s All-Inclusive Beach Resort: ask for Martin for your waiter. All you can eat and drink. The coconut shrimp were great. I ate 10 of them along with various other items such as chicken fajitas, rice, beans, and 3 shrimp cocktails.) on Tuesday. On Wednesday we visited Belize (RCCL Wildlife and Zoo Tour: had a great time and lunch was included.) On Thursday we visited Roatan (RCCL Tabyana Beach Break Excursion: had a great time and a great buffet was included.) Thursday Night on the pool deck there was a big party with all of the bands each playing beginning at 9:45 p.m. and at 10:30 p.m. there was a finger food type buffet. We ate lunch in Johnny Rockets on Saturday. Very good food along with a great milk shake. Overall, we had a great time and the food was really good in the Main Dining Room except for the Pomodoro menu. The RCCL staff was nice everywhere on the ship. Even though it was summer break, there were not a lot of kids running around. They behaved real well. With the ship’s guests you could however tell who was from Texas and who was not. Guests from up north were ruder, especially getting on/off the elevators and in Windjammers. The folks from Texas were much nicer saying “excuse me”, etc. whereas this was not in the other folks vocabulary. When someone was rude, I asked them if they were from somewhere besides Texas and they then asked me how did I know that. I told them that I had “ESP”. Getting off of the ship was a piece of cake. We had #15 (9:30 a.m.) but went earlier with no problem. Once in the terminal we got a porter and breezed through customs. Getting a porter is the best way to go. It took less than 20 minutes.

Navigator of the Seas July 19-July 26

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by BOBO1977

BOBO1977’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 13 to 15
Get Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas price drops

Inside cabin 9339: Not to far from elevators, was very quiet, a lot of storage areas. Jennifer was great stateroom attendant.
  Navigator of the Seas Deck Plans