MSC Musica Cruise Review

MSC Musica Cruise Review by Davidjohn

• Sail Date: Jul 2015
  • Destination: the Eastern Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

We have taken many cruises and read the reviews for many months on ports, ships and destinations before we book.

This is the first time I didn't trust the reviews. We choose this for the ports of call since it was going where we wanted in the time frame we had.

We just got home last night 7/27/2015 so this is all fresh in my mind.

First lets go with the good.

1. Our room steward was very sweet.

2. The maitre d at Le Maxim restaurant was always friendly and she made it a point to always see that we got a dinner table and made a reservation at the sushi restaurant for us. The waiters that we had were always gracious.

3. The bartender and waitstaff at the coffee bar were on point with a smile and making us our favorite B 52 double right when we sat down.

4. The Spa attendants who performed the massages and facials.

5. One of the entertainment fun staff . She made it a point to always call out to us when she saw us. We called her Oklahoma since she lived there once but she's from Brazil. She called us New Jersey :)

6. The Aurea level with your drinks included was great. BUT they should explain this better. there is a premium drink package that they should inform you about so you can level up if you want. This includes mini bar and * drinks. This is something you find out in the fine print. We don't mind paying extra just offer us the opportunity to choose this at booking.

NOW the bad.

1. Never a hello or a smile or even an look that you matter from the staff.

2. The restaurant food.

I'm a vegetarian and I am used to improvising with a meal the Veggie versions of the meals need some serious help. 5 pieces of a limp soggy tempura is not a meal.

Having the same bland dressing on every salad for the entire cruise ? switch it up.

3. We booked through the MSC web site. I emailed them countless times on questions MONTHS in advance ... Never receiving a reply except for the automated we will get back to you after we review this could take 21 days.

4. Having to jump through hurdles after MSC has a computer mess up that cancels a excursion I booked weeks before. The day we are leaving to fly to Venice I notice its now now showing on the web and it looks like I owe money. NO its a over payment So I call and ask about that. they can not reinstate the excursion I can take the over pay and put it in my on board account I have to give my CC and rebook the excursion.

The day before the excursion we dont have the tickets so again its a run around that we have to re re pay for the excursion and wait for the home office to credit us for the second re booking.

5. Getting made fun of by a waitress in the Tucana lounge for the drinks we choose.

My husband and myself are both big tattooed men and the waitress made the comment not once but twice that our drinks are lady drinks only bought by women.

Who are you to judge what people order.

6. The Buffet

Everything was cold.

They say 20 hours open but I don't think its in a row.

Stations closed .

If I want the salad bar why is it not open at 2 pm lunch time.

Could you have something other then Pizza at midnight.

Do you have a taster to see how bland everything tastes.

The Ethnic corner??? 2 dishes with a whisper of spice does not make it ethnic.

I wanted to go into the kitchen and cook myself something.

The buffet vegetarian section consists of salad , french fries and bread and cheese.

We have been on many cruises and this was by far the worst. We had a Western Mediterranean cruise 2 years ago where our luggage was lost and we only had the closes on our back and what we could buy on board and even that was better.

Hope this diatribe could help some of you.

Davidjohn & Jeff

Davidjohn's Full Rating Summary

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B1 14002

City Tour

We enjoyed out time just getting lost in the city. At every turn is a new experiance.

View All 32 City Tour Reviews
Olympia Archeological Tour

Our guide was perfect she explained history as she guided us.

View All 216 Olympia Archeological Tour Reviews
Oia Village

This tour had many stops with free time. We were able to have lunch at Thalassia greek restaurant. THIS IS A MUST.

View All 255 Oia Village Reviews
Oia Wine Tasting

We got a snack and a bottle of wine to try .

View All 110 Oia Wine Tasting Reviews
Acropolis

Great to do . just be prepared for the lines and wear sunblock

View All 390 Acropolis Reviews