3. Navigator of the Seas
First of all, I understand some people have had some serious issues on this or other cruises, but keep in mind, most people only post when they are upset with their service. So the 3200+ other guests reviews may not be listed but it does not mean they were dissatisfied. (Sorry I had to get that out of the way. I was scared to death for this cruise because of other reviews) IF YOU WANT TO HAVE A GOOD TIME, YOU WILL! Embarkation: We arrived about 10:30am (line was long to drop me off, but moved quickly), my husband dropped the bags and I off and went to park across the street (Cruise Park- I recommend). We then had to wait about 20-30 min for others in our party. Once everyone arrived, embarkation was a breeze. Lines were manageable and better than expected. We were on the boat by 12:30. Room/Boat: We had room 8572 Balcony in the middle of the ship. Our room was just as it should be! Clean, plenty of storage space, etc. We met our room steward right away (Eduardo). We didn't see much of him (although he answered promptly when we needed him), but our room was straightened/cleaned almost 3-4 times a day. It was amazing service and something my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed!! (next time I will ask for an egg crate though as I have a terrible time sleeping away from home and think this might have helped). The ship was always clean and well maintained. As others have mentioned, there are parts that are a little dated, but we were very pleased with the cleanliness and upkeep of everything! We especially loved the little bars/meeting areas (Bolleros, R Bar, etc) as this provided a place for our group to get together for drinks before dinner. Shows: We only saw the Adult Comedy Show on Tuesday I think and thoroughly enjoyed it!! I guess shows aren't really our thing lol. I did watch the Newlywed? show on TV and it was hilarious! Dining: Windjammer- First of all, know what to expect. You will not get 5 star dining at the Windjammer. It is a buffet of food running almost all day. It offers some variations as well as classics (hamburgers, nachos, or a few Indian dishes etc). It is good food but not great, which is perfectly fine with me for a fast lunch on the go. We chose to go to the dining room for breakfast on days we could. Much better atmosphere if you have the time. We only ate lunch in the Windjammer twice I think. Other days were filled with excursions and we ate Johnny Rockets on the last day. Main Dining Room- I was very pleased with my dinner every single night (we ate specialty on nights 5 and 7). The appetizers were yummy and the food was always spot on. Not 5 star food I would say, but REALLY good food none the less! Our servers Dotson and Camila were amazing! I literally wanted to put Camila in my pocket and take her home! One of the most genuinely NICE people I have ever met! Chops Grill: They were about 30 minutes late seating us (we had a party of 10), but the manager brought us all a glass of champagne and we were fine with it. The seas were pretty rocky that night so my husband had to go back to the room and miss dinner, boo, but other than that, it was GREAT! Appetizers, steaks, sides, service! GREAT! Giovanni's Table- Family Style Appetizers, pastas, and your own entrée selection....it was PHENOMENAL food! omg! We sampled almost every app I think. I ordered the lamb chops and they were cooked perfectly!! My husband had the fish and it was amazing as well. Probably our favorite dinner of the cruise! Johnny Rockets- Just perfect. Right on the water. Endless fries and really good onion rings (you can even order bacon/cheese or chili/cheese fries, etc). I had the smokehouse burger w/ bacon and onion rings and bbq...OMW! Apple pie for dessert and all for like $6. NUTS! and YUMMMM! As you can see, food is my favorite part of the cruise...that and the ports/excursions. Cozumel: Deluxe Playa Mia Beach Break- Perfect! We were able to get seats right in front of the water and me and party of 10 enjoyed a full day beach, food, drinks, rented a jet ski and nearly killed myself (lol jk). It was a perfect day hanging with my friends! (also got a pretty sweet deal on some cigars at the shop there). Belize City: Lamanai and New River Safari- LOVED IT! Be sure you are prepared for a 1.5 hour(ish) bus ride, and 1.5 hr boat trip to the ruins. The boat trip back is only about 45 minutes. This was really great tour! The tour guide was very informative all the way through Belize and provided a lot of insight into the city. The boat ride was amazing! Saw a few animals, spider monkey, iguanas, etc. Once you arrive at Lamanai, be prepared for a bit of a walk. This excursion was pretty physical actually, but that is probably because we decided to climb the ruins. WHICH WERE AMAZING! This was my husband's birthday and he absolutely LOVED IT! Great excursion, great guides, great food! Roatan: Extreme Caribe Ziplining- Greatest. Excursion. Ever! After about a 20 min bus ride we arrived. The guides were amazing and very helpful!! I am the one that picked this excursion for our group and then I got there and freaked out. Probably got closer to a panic attack than I ever care to be, but my husband and guide walked me through it. I went off the first line w/ the guide strapped to me (tandem). The next two were tandem lines anyway, so I rode w/ my husband. After that, there was no stopping me!! I did the next 9 by myself and could have gone all day! The view you get from the 2nd and 3rd lines are some of the best I have seen in my life!! This port was by far our favorite and we are considering a vacation there in the future. Debarkation: We chose the 7:30am self assist option. We arrived to the meeting place about 7:30am and were through customs by 8:30am. I consider that a successful debarkation!! :) Hubby left me with the luggage, went and grabbed the car across the street and we were on the road before 9am. I don't really know what else to say, except take the reviews with a grain of salt. Go to have fun and relax. I am sure if I were looking for issues, flaws, etc, I could have found them but for me and the group of 9 others....we had a FABULOUS vacation that we will remember for a lifetime!! Let's hope another cruise isn't too far in my future!!

This place is amazing!! Don't bother with all the negative reviews

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by courtneyk1221

IF YOU WANT TO HAVE A GOOD TIME, YOU WILL!

Embarkation:

Navigator of the Seas Deck Plans

• Lamanai Mayan Ruins
    View All 118 Lamanai Mayan Ruins Reviews
  • Beach
    Deluxe Playa Mia Beach Break- Perfect! We were able to get seats right in front of the water and my party of 10 and I enjoyed a full day beach, food, drinks, rented a jet ski ($65/half hour) and nearly killed myself (lol jk). It was a perfect day hanging with my friends! (also got a pretty sweet deal on some cigars at the shop there).
  • Galveston
    This experience was not as bad as expected. You are boarding a cruise ship w/ 3000+ other people while 3000+ are debarking. There will be lines, but these were very manageable! Embarkation and debarkation each took about an hour total for us. I am very pleased with that and it is well worth it for the amazing vacation we had!
    View All 667 Galveston Cruise Port Reviews