3. Norwegian Jade
WiFi: Just a warning for anyone concerned about staying connected, I paid around $175 USD for the unlimited package for WiFi. Also, this plan is for the entire cruise and does not give you the option of selecting WiFi for only the "At Sea" days. When you purchase the WiFi, it does warn you about the service being slower than usual, of course, since you're on the sea. However, as I started using the WiFi, I realized that it wasn't just slower, but completely not functional for most apps. For instance, Instagram and Snapchat did not load (the main reason I bought the WiFi package). For the money you pay, I find it a bit ridiculous that most of the time, the Internet doesn't work. My advice is, don't bother buying the WiFi package, there are plenty of places (cafes, restaurants, etc.) when you get to the other ports that offer free WiFi. Spa Services: For one of the "At Sea" days, I decided to go to the Spa and get my nails repolished, which just consists of taking off old nail polish and applying new polish. I had realized after the new polish was applied, that the old polish was still present and had not been removed completely. Also, everything was applied pretty rapidly, till the point where certain nails had to be repainted right away. So as you could imagine, the polish was not applied evenly throughout the nails and started chipping within the next day. I wouldn't be complaining if this service was cheap... I got a manicure for much less than the $19 USD + mandatory 18% service charge and that lasted well over 10 days. Of course I knew it would be more expensive on the cruise but that's why I expected it to be done properly. Personally, I feel that the mandatory service charge is a reason why there wasn't an effort put into the service. My advice is to just wait until you get back on land to have your nails done. Food: There is always food open somewhere in the day, so if you're hungry, that's not a problem. I did not purchase any beverage packages, I thought the selection of water, juices, tea, and coffee would be sufficient for the time spent on the ship. Since if you plan to buy a beverage plan, you would be forced into buying it for the entire stay (7 days) and for the shore days, I planned to be on shore for most of the time so most of the day would be spent off the ship. There is a large buffet, which is where I had breakfast everyday and the selection was wide and I really enjoyed that juice was provided for free in the mornings (orange, apple, cranberry cocktail). The coffee provided was bad but then it made sense when they had brewed and specialty coffee for an extra charge. Other drinks included in your basic package include a wide selection of tea, water, lemonade, iced tea (american style with no sugar), and flavoured water. Lunch selection would either be the buffet or this small restaurant that opens 24 hours and serves comfort food. Food tasted great at the buffet and restaurants, but overtime, everything starts tasting the same... I also tried some of the sit down restaurants for dinner, the ones that were included. Definitely personalize your dishes so you can try more things without being stuck with a huge plate of pasta on the side. My favourite part was the dessert -- I tried most of the desserts and they were delicious! There are some specialty restaurants that you can go to for an extra fee. I didn't really investigate into these until I got on the cruise and at that point, most time slots were gone for reservations. I suggest you look into the restaurants before your cruise, or maybe the food will still taste the same as the restaurants, but it doesn't hurt to try Teppanyaki on the cruise! With that said, I did try ALL of the Chinese food that the cruise had to offer (buffet and the Jasmine Garden restaurant) and the food was strange. Some of the food may look like Chinese food but it didn't taste Chinese or fusion, it just tasted wrong. Also, the pasta was either over or under done badly and the pizza tasted horrible. The staff made the cruise experience very enjoyable, everyone was always cheery and always had a smile on their faces. I especially enjoyed the towel animals the housekeeper made each night, they also know you by your name (which can be a bit creepy on the first day). The staff ensuring you sanitize your hands before entering the buffet made it quite fun to do so. The shows every night were really fun, I went to a show every night and each one was different and equally as enjoyable. Also, before and during the shows, there is staff there to take your drink orders so you don't have to get them yourself before the show. The cruise staff also provided some entertainment while waiting for the shows and chatting with them always gives you a laugh. Overall, the cruise was very enjoyable, just a few minor things to keep in mind (WiFi, Spa services, Food) before considering the cruise. The Greek islands were beautiful, except for Katakolon/Olympia, which just consisted of some ruins from the first Olympics. Especially since you visit that island last, you'll be comparing Santorini and Mykonos to broken rocks on the ground. Olympia is also about a 45 minute drive from the port and during the bus ride there, all you see are piles of garbage on the side of the streets. There is also nothing to do in Katakolon if you don't visit Olympia, the town consists of tourist shops that you would have come across in the other islands.

Wifi, Spa Services, Food