3. Norwegian Star
It was a mother daughter trip to the Baltic Sea! What a great experience! We arrived in Copenhagen two days before embarkation day. It is time enough to experience the city, sight seeing, museums, bars and restaurants. The port is 20-30 minutes from city center, but we had bought Hop On Hop Off bus valid for 72 hours and there's a shuttle that took us to the port. Embarkations was very easy and simple. We got to the port around 11:30 am. After all the procedure needed, we got in to the ship. NCL Star is a small old ship, but is great conditions, since it was refurbished this year. The staff was AMAZING! I could not be happier with everybody. Always with a smile and trying to make the most of our vacation. The food was really good. The Market Café, the buffet of the ship, was crowed an had a good variety of food, and special nights, like the Asian buffet, the Russian buffet, the Scandinavian buffet... We only had dinner at the Versailles Restaurant. We preferred the ambiance better. Of nine nights, I loved the food once, I really liked the food six times, I liked the food once and on the last night, the food was bad for me. But, overall, it was a great dinning experience. The ports of call are spot on. Copenhagen it is the most cosmopolitan city at the Baltic. In Wanermunde, Germany, we decided not to go to Berlin because of the hours inside the train. We went to Rostock, the city 20 min by train. It was a pleasant surprise. Next stop was Tallinn, Estonia. It is a beautiful small and medieval city, another very good surprise. Than, St. Petersburg, Russia. Immigration is time consuming, but everything was fine. We didn't need visas or shore excursions to get in to Russia because we have Brazilian passport, but everybody else, with visa or shore excursions did just fine. And I expected more from St. Petersburg. The first day we did a sight seeing tour and the second day we went to the Hermitage Museum. It is a beautiful city, but I got the feeling it was missing something. After that was Helsinki, Finland: a small city with not a lot to see, but a great place to be. Stockholm is the most beautiful city at the Baltic. I was so impressed with the beauty of the place. It it a shame that there's not a lot of time at the port. I differently recommend the cruise. It is a great experience going to these cities and the ship was a good deal.

Amazing experience

Norwegian Star Cruise Review by BrazilianBabe

• Sail Date: July 2015
  • Destination: Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview Picture Window
It was a mother daughter trip to the Baltic Sea! What a great experience!

BrazilianBabe’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Star price drops

Oceanview Picture Window
Cabin OA 8502
It was good enough for two people. Nothing fancy but clean and comfy. Our steward did everything he could to make our stay great.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins