3. Oasis of the Seas
I was a little worried before our trip due to some poor reviews of the large Oasis of the Seas by Royal Caribbean. It was a waste of time to have been worried at all. We were greeted with nothing but smiles and friendly crew. Our room steward was wonderful and always asking if we needed anything. Our room was always clean, and we had fresh ice every night after a hot day. THANK YOU CHITO! on deck 12. The ship is large enough that you don't notice the amount of people on board. There were tons of families as it was summer, so of course it was noisy down by the pools, and back in the back by the flow rider and the rock climbing walls. Most of the families were kept busy in the kids area with the carrousol and the aqaua theater. It was wonderful that there were so many options to hang out. When we wanted to relax and some peace and quiet, we just stayed in the adult only area in the solarium and it was serene. The bartenders were attentive, and there were lots of staff walking around asking if we needed any drinks. Alex in the solarium bar was fantastic. He made sure we were always happy with our drinks- and they were great! We were able to get 2 towels per person, without anyone blinking an eye. I would recommend that you bring your own towel if you go ashore for any swimming. Ours came in handy. We went to the Atlantis and walked around, and then walked down to Cabbage Beach. It is well worth the trip over there by taxi to see the Atlantis and enjoy the warm water and some swimming in Nassau. There are locals at Cabbage Beach who will try to have you rent chairs and umbrellas, but they don't hassle you at all. We just said no thanks and they left us alone. Had we stayed there for any period of time, we would have definitely rented them. It was hot! I know that some of the cruisers had the coconut drinks and said they were really good and worth the money, but we only had a short time there by the time we were actually on the beach. The taxi fare was $4 per person and you have to ask around to get the fee. Some taxi's will try to raise the fee so keep walking and ask for the fee before you get into the cab. There are many cabs who will only charge the $4.00 Back to the ship: The elevators can get crowded during peak hours (formal nights mostly and after returning from excursions) but we were able to always get into one. The amount of shopping stores were similar to the smaller ships which was surprising considering the size of the Oasis, but we don't usually shop them anyway. Dining: Central Park was lovely which is where the "pay extra" restaurants/dining are located. Unfortunately, since it's open to the outdoors, it was just too hot to walk there except at night. We did eat at Chops and Giovani's and they were good but I don't think we would pay the extra money for them again. The steaks at Chops are excellent so if you are in the mood for a good steak, then I would say spend the $40.00. We ate at Sabora one night, and it was fresh with the guacamole made at the table. We didn't try the margaritas which were supposed to be good, but it was very hot so we ate and left fairly quickly. Our favorite spot was actually Johnny Rockets. We had great service there from Kevin, and I guess the chocolate shakes and onion rings were just what we wanted after a day of snorkeling and being in the heat. We only ate at the main dining room twice. Our first night was for lobster formal night, and then again our last night. The main dining room was VERY good. We had excellent service and both waiters kept bringing us lots of extra food to try, and very eager to please. We were sorry we only ate there twice. We had any time dining, and didn't wait for more than 5 minutes to be seated. We would go to the dining room at between 5:30 and 6pm. Tours: We took a kayak tour in St Thomas and had a ball. The excursion desk wasn't really familiar with it, so we were a little concerned that it would be a bad choice. We loved it. It was a little strenuous and we were the oldest ones there, but it was beautiful kayaking through the mangroves. We weren't allowed to use fins while snorkeling, (its a natural preserve) so we did a lot of kicking but it was great getting the exercise and the water was wonderful. We did a tour on St. Maartin which was on a snorkeling boat to the airport. My husband was hoping to get to shore, but it wasn't allowed so he was really bummed. They did tell us that ahead of time about that. We felt it was overpriced for what you get. However everyone on the boat was very nice, and they grilled burgers for a small fee and offered drinks as well for a fee. Embarkation and de embarkation: We got to the pier around 11:00am and it was very fast and easy. I didn't have my set sail pass, and was panicked but they were so nice and I didn't need it. You do need to know your cabin number for the porters outside the entrance area and make sure to take the credit card you used. We had a quick time at de-embarkation and thru customs. VERY impressed. Much quicker than our last time on a smaller cruise ship with RC. The only delay was getting in the que to get off the ship. Once we were off we realized they hold people back so it doesn't get overwhelming at customs. I can be picky, but I had no complaints about anything on our cruise. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE OASIS OF THE SEAS!!! We loved it, and were treated like royalty....

Oasis of the Seas is wonderful!

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by sonomom3

I can be picky, but I had no complaints about anything on our cruise.

I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE OASIS OF THE SEAS!!!

We loved it, and were treated like royalty....
sonomom3’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas price drops

Great room and location. Would stay in it again. Quiet and always kept clean. Midship so easy to walk to elevators or stairs and level 12 was great for the pool and windjammer cafe.
  Oasis of the Seas Deck Plans