• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Liberty of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
23 Awards

Back to RCCL after two decades

Review for Liberty of the Seas to the Western Caribbean
jbsuzi
6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Apr 2015
Cabin: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

Overall, we loved this cruise! After sailing on Holland America Maasdam in 2006 Montreal to Boston (loved it), NCL Jewel in 2011 NYC to Bahamas (fun, but over crowded, and we even had open access to the 5,000 sq. ft. Garden Villa where our friends were staying), and NCL Dawn in 2013 Boston to Bermuda (fun because of friends, but ship dated and food in non-specialty restaurants mediocre), we went back to RCCL on Liberty. We had not been on RCCL since Legend of the Seas in 1996 to Alaska (a fantastic cruise). And prior to that I had sailed on the Song of America (1988), Sun Viking (1989) and Song of Norway (1990) to different places in the Caribbean....wow things have changed at RCCL!

The RCCL experience is very different from the 1980s, and from any of my past cruise experiences. For one, Liberty is so much bigger than the other RCCL (and NCL and Holland) ships on which I've sailed, to compare the experiences is probably not even fair. So, I'm not even going to try, except to say that I enjoyed my experience on the Liberty every bit as much as the other cruises. It was just different. And it's all what you make of it while onboard.

Based on past cruises, we were concerned that the size of the ship would bother us, but it flows nicely and our location in mid ship was perfect. We stayed in a balcony room and the kids stayed in a Promenade cabin across the hall. What a perfect set up for us! I highly recommend this if your children are old enough for this arrangement. If you book far enough in advance during a promotion, the prices are fantastic.

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

Cabin E3

Balcony room...plenty of size for two of us. Booked a promenade cabin for our two kids (ages 12 and 16) across the hall, and they loved it. These were quiet, perfectly located cabins. Cabin stewards were wonderful. Highly recommended.

Find a Liberty of the Seas Cruise from $249