3. Celebrity Reflection
I just read the JonAlone review, and had a very different experience. I was traveling with a family with two kids 9 and 11, so our viewpoint not quite the same. I have traveled on Azamara and Princess in the past, and we chose Celebrity because of the kids. We sailed Aqua Class, and we upgraded to the premium drink package, which is the only way I would do it in the future. Our room great (we got two rooms, which helped space us out). Room attendants were fantastic, and great to our kids. We are on mid deck 11, and felt everything accessible, never had noise issues. My only complaint on lay out is how they number the rooms--hard to find your way around first few days when there is no logical system (for example, the room numbers don't correspond to the floor you are on). We loved Blu restaurant, and ate most meals there. While menu selection smaller (and not as exciting to our kids), we only had to wait once for a table because we wanted a window seat. The food was very good--not Michelin 3 star, but good enough for us on the cruise. Upgrading to premium helped to get sparkling water (my palette not refined enough to noticed different brands of water, so fine with whatever they served). I still paid an overage to drink the wine I enjoyed the most...and I wish they used more regional high end wines. most of them from Napa Valley, and I wanted to try local wines. The ship is very lovely, and for all the complaints about shopping, I would say you are taking the wrong cruise line. I only walked by them to get to the theatre, as I don't do "entertainment shopping". Far more interesting to go into a bazaar in a port and shop. I also used the Bistro often for coffee-again using premium package, and loved hanging out in that area. But most of all, I got green juices from the Aqua Coffee every day with my premium package, which is the only reason i didn't gain 20 pounds--definitely made it worth. Yes, seating sometimes challenging...but I found if you waited a little bit, seats opened up everyday, and that was never an issue for me. I did see underage drinking, and wish less teenagers in the solarium, but I never was bothered much by them. Only one of my kids liked the fun factory, but that is more personality...and the fact that she turned 12 the week after we ended-so I think she was on the older side for her category. My other child dissappeared for hours she loved it so much. I only went to one of the shows, which was very good. We socialized most in the Martini Bar, but also in the Sunset Deck as well. Too bad people aren't hanging out in the Sky Lounge which is beautiful. I know families were hanging out late with their little kids...but it wasn't just the "Hispanic" families (wow, what a racist comment JonAlone). So what? everyone on vacation, and traveling with kids not always easy. I don't require the ship to entertain me all the time--I barely got through the books I brought, as I loved just sitting on a balcony and watching the skyline-and talking to new people. We worked out every single day, and though the treadmills had lines, the rest of the machines did not, and I never had an issue accessing the equipment I wanted to. We chose to do all excursions outside of Celebrity, which for me felt like a much better value. My one complaint to Celebrity: your group guide stickers individuals are required to wear wear littered all over ancient sites in every port! shame shame! maybe a non sticker system would be better.... Trivia fun! Would like more lectures about our ports, or more intellectual topics. And my husband did well in your casino one night, thank you! I would recommend this line for those with families.

Good value for family cruise, if you put a little thought into how to execute

Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by jade939

I would recommend this line for those with families.
jade939’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Ages 10 to 12
Get Celebrity Reflection price drops

AquaClass
Cabin A2 1585
Clean, good sized--wish there were a few more drawers.
Penthouse Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins