3. Navigator of the Seas
The wife and I have cruised many times to Mexico and Alaska, but this was our first cruise in the Caribbean. The ship was just as we expected, with excellent service from Dennis our cabin attendant, and Jahjah our waiter in the main dining room. My sister and brother in law were onboard with us, and we celebrated her birthday on the ship. Sis wanted to go to Chops for her birthday, mostly because it was a formal night, and none of our group felt like dressing up for the event. We knew the food was going to be good, but we were pleasantly surprised at the top notch service. Darwin our waiter was fabulous. His attention to detail, and overall caring attitude made a good evening great. The ports that we visited were very good, with the visit to Georgetown, Grand Cayman's Stingray City being the best. Marineland Tours took us to Stingray City, where Bert, one of our guides was outstanding. The Stingray City visit should not be missed if you have the opportunity to take part in this excursion. I guess the fact that we booked another Navigator of the Seas cruise, while on the Navigator, is the best indication of our level of satisfaction with this ship and our cruise. The only reason that this cruise was not given an excellent, was because the Windjammer food was not as good as we have experienced on previous cruises. I was a little disappointed in the selections, and the wait staff service in that particular venue. Overall, this was a great trip, and we are really looking forward to our next adventure on the Explorer of the Seas next year.

First Time on a Western Caribbean Cruise

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by TeachRoom51

TeachRoom51’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas price drops

The cabin location was great. Not to close or to far from the elevators, and easily accessible from the pool deck by stairway. Dennis the cabin steward made this cabin specially nice because of his above and beyond efforts to make everything perfect.
  Navigator of the Seas Deck Plans

• Cozumel
    Great shopping and a wonderful place to visit. The ocean water is beautiful where the ship docked.
    View All 6,596 Cozumel Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Cozumel Cruise Port Review
  • Red Stripe Beach
    I was really glad that I had read a review of Red Stripe Beach, because when you arrive it looks like you are going to a swamp inside a dump. There is a locked gate which is opened when your shuttle arrives. Once inside the gate there is only a dirt (or should I say rock road) that runs between the most disgusting looking water one could ever see. After a short trip in this area, and many strange glances between the passengers on the shuttle, the actual beach comes into view. Red Stripe is by no means the typical Jamaican resort style beach. But it is a small, clean, private facility. Beach chairs are rented for $5.00, and the staff will place them where you want to sit. There is also wait staff that will take you order for food and drinks. The Red Stripe beer is good, and my wife enjoyed the Jerk Chicken.

The swimming area is roped off, with a lifeguard and security. The water in the swimming area is typical Caribbean, very clear, but outside the swim area, there a plants on the bottom which make the water look darker. Although you are free to walk up and down the beach which is much larger than just the part known as Red Stripe, there are signs that advise of no security beyond this point.

Overall, I really enjoyed this excursion, but watch out for the rocks on the bottom when you reach the area near the ropes in the water.
    View All 12,043 Red Stripe Beach Reviews
  • Galveston
    Galveston in the summer is very hot. Having people lined up outside the terminal while waiting to check in needs to be reconsidered.
    View All 648 Galveston Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Galveston Cruise Port Review
  • Stingray Swim
    OUTSTANDING! Twenty minutes out in the ocean standing in beautiful clear blue water is only a small part of what makes this excursion great. Bert, our guide from Marineland Tours is fantastic. The experience of holding, feeding, and even kissing creatures from the sea is unbelievable. I especially like the fact that the stingrays are not enclosed in an area like the dolphin swim excursion. These stingrays are free to come and go as they please.
    View All 704 Stingray Swim Reviews