3. Allure of the Seas
This was my 3rd experience with RCCL and my 1st on such a large ship. I had read other reviews that indicated that the ship never felt crowded and I would have to agree. there are so many venues to visit that you never really feel like you're in a crowd. The ship is very grand and beautifully decorated. I would probably not go back on a ship this large though, as I prefer the more intimate Radiance Class of ships. Here's a breakdown: Stateroom: 12230, a Junior Suite. We typically travel in a Grand Suite but none were available for this trip. I didn't get to take advantage of the usual suite perks but we still managed. The Jr. Suite is plenty big enough and has a very spacious walk-in closet. Counter space is a little lacking, as are the electrical outlets. I had to move the coffee pot from the half-table over to the vanity area in order to plug it in. Dining: We avoided the Windjammer all but one time. We went for a late lunch and were asked to wait in a line before being seated. I didn't like this so I skirted around and went in on my own to find plenty of tables readily available. The food was typical cafe fare but filled a void. We ate most of our breakfast and snack meals in the Solarium bistro. this was never crowded and the food was great! At night, we ate there when it was turned into the Brazilian steakhouse. It was very nice and the food was great. We had this meal comped because it was on Formal night and the lines were so long in the main dining room. Someone from the main dining came through the line looking for people who were willing to eat elsewhere at their expense. We also ate in chops and Giovanni's Table. Both places offered us a dining discount...but I had to ask. Don't be afraid to ask for a discount because they want to fill their tables. Chops was nice but wanted an additional fee for some cuts of meat above the usual up charge. We opted for the 8 oz filet and it was great! I have no real complaints about the food. There was plenty of it! Entertainment: Very good when it was available. two of our shows, Mama Mia and Oceanaria were cancelled due to illness of technical difficulties. Rumors on ship were that the actors were striking...at any rate, they pulled it together and offered additional viewings for those guests who were cancelled earlier in the week. Mama Mia was great! Stand up comedy was typical cruise ship...a British guy whose humor was a little lost on us Americans. My only negative run-in with any ship personnel occurred on the Rome day. I purchased a bottle of olive oil while in the city. I had it in my backpack and put it through security. I was stopped and asked to remove the alcohol I was trying to bring on ship. I told them that it was not alcohol but olive oil. They told me that most people lie about what's in their bag and they had to check to be sure. I told them I didn't lie and allowed them to tear open my wrapped package to prove I had olive oil. I was not happy with being called a liar and became somewhat belligerent..much to my husband's dismay. Oh well. We did not book any shore excursions with the ship. I recommend using VIATOR.com instead. They have very good excursions at a fraction of the cost. We toured the Colleasueam and the Forum both inside and out for a fraction of what the ship was charging. Transportation from all ports was user friendly and much cheaper by train or taxi. Overall, we enjoyed our trip very much and would use RCCL again in the future.

A Mostly Good Experience

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by Georgia_Peaches

Here's a breakdown:

Overall, we enjoyed our trip very much and would use RCCL again in the future.
Georgia_Peaches’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas price drops

Nice...no complaints at all.
  Allure of the Seas Deck Plans

• Gaudi Walking Tour
    We arrived three days in advance to explore Barcelona. We purchased a BCN card through viator.com and had access to all public transportation as well as a guide book of all there is to see and do.
    View All 53 Gaudi Walking Tour Reviews
  • Gothic Quarter Walking Tour
    Very interesting.
    View All 24 Gothic Quarter Walking Tour Reviews
  • La Sagrada Familia
    Arrive early to purchase an entry ticket.
    View All 118 La Sagrada Familia Reviews
  • Cinque Terre
    We did this on our own. We caught the train to the 5 villages and spent some time on the walking trail. I do not recommend the walking trail unless you are in excellent physical condition as it was very challenging, especially in 100 degree heat.
    View All 92 Cinque Terre Reviews
  • City Tour
    We took an electric bike tour of the city. Excellent and very beautiful.
    View All 61 City Tour Reviews
  • Capri Walking Tour
    We bought a ferry ticket for $40 round trip (available outside the ship) and visited Capri on our own. It was a beautiful island...no need for a ship excursion. This was very easy to do on our own.
    View All 56 Capri Walking Tour Reviews
  • Bicycle Tour
    We had a private tour of the island that included a stop for a drink and tapas in a local cafe. Great experience of a beautiful island. Our tough guide Nina was great. If using Viator for this excursion be sure and tell them tha tyou are traveling on the Allure as this ship docks in a different port than the other ships. The tour guide will meet you at the dock but they will need to know which one to go to on the day of the excursion.
    View All 21 Bicycle Tour Reviews
  • Colosseum
    Wow! What a great tour in Rome. Viator gave us directions on how to get to the meeting point for the tour from the train station. The tour included tickets to the inside without having to wait in the lines.
    View All 177 Colosseum Reviews