Went on the Noordam out of Vancouver. Chose Vancouver for a couple of reasons. Lots of flights from our hometown ( Edmonton) and I read that seeing Alaska was better than taking a ship from Seattle. Not sure if that is true, but that is what happened. Dad has health issues so it was really great to take advantage of HALS cancel for any reason insurance. Good piece of mind. Embarkation was really good. We prearranged that my Dad would need wheelchair service. As a result, we motored through U.S. Customs and was on the ship within 20 minutes of getting to the dock. Food was very good. I enjoyed it. We ate dinner in the dining room except on formal nights, we ate dinner in the buffet restaurant. Only issue with the buffet was a lot of times, it was not serve yourself so line ups to have the wait staff serve up things. If you had to wait, that is fine but it caused crowds to form and difficult to get around. Booked Alaska excursions through the ship. Prices were very close to if we booked ourselves independently. Happy hour, 2 similar drinks for about $8 U.S. $6.95 for the first and then $1 for the second. Very good deal. Became very crowded in the crows nest once everybody knew. Entertainment was good. It was an older crowd but the entertainment was for a younger audience which is fine as I'm younger. BB King band were excellent. Not a lot to do during sea days though. I went to the fitness room every day. Functional but equipment has seen better days. Debarkation was a breeze. Pre-arranged wheelchair and was off quickly as a result. Hal is for a older clientele. I would not recommend for Familes especially those with teenagers.

Great way to See Alaska

BobbyOrr’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Noordam price drops

Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom
Cabin VA V4131
It was ok. The bathroom was the appeal as it has bars for the toilet and shower. Walk in shower had a seat as well. Enough space but have to hunt for it. Beds are small and short but comfortable. Dad primarily used his walker so he was able to get around ok. The room was much smaller than I thought. It was functional.
Navigation Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins