• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Jul 2015
Cabin:
Traveled with children

We had hoped to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary with our children on an unforgettable experience. We booked our trip a year in advance and looked forward to it all year.

We were told a Princess representative would meet us when we arrived at the airport. No representative met us. We had to search them out in an unknown airport. Fortunately, though, we made the bus as we spoke with people on the land excursion who were left behind.

Let me preface the land cruise portion by saying, DON'T DO IT! We spent most of the time on buses from one location to the other. Each bus ride took longer than we were told. We were not at any location long enough to enjoy it.

There is clearly a breakdown between what your reservation department is sharing with travel agents. We are a party of four with two adults and two children. We booked our reservation a year in advance. We believed a mini suite would accommodate us we'll. we were told the mini suites were already booked and they were only for 3 people. We booked a balcony room which we were told accommodated four. However, we met people on the cruise who booked these type suites within a month of the travel date.

Our balcony too was much smaller than a balcony room on any other cruise and much too small for a party of four. We were unable to store our in the space allowed, much less find space to unpack our bags. The space under the beds was mostly taken by extra bed linens that we did not need or want. Much of our closest space was used by the seven life preservers in the "closet", 7 life preservers for a party of floor, seriously! The bathroom was the smallest I have seen. I could not stand in the shower without having the shower curtain rub up against me.

Remember how late we got to the boat the first night due to the marathon train ride. We'll, upon check in we found our air conditioner did not work. We also noticed the mold in the bathroom, the floors had not been vaccumed, and I am not even sure the shower was cleaned as there was dried up soap scum in the soap tray. The shower drain was stopped up. We called the steward at 8:45. The automated system told us he would be paged. My husband called again. The steward never came. I went down to the desk at 5:30 the next morning to find out what happened to our steward. Apparently his shift was over at 9:00. Again, no accommodation for the late arrival. It was later that afternoon when he finally came. I went to go to the spa to shower and ran into the family we were traveling with, family of 3 in the much larger mini suite. They offered their shower to me. The air conditioner was fixed, and the mold was cleaned out of the shower, floors vacuumed, etc. however, they never fixed the problem with the shower. We were forced to put several towels down each day to capture the water overflowing the shallow scupper around the shower.

The room for 4 bed arrangements was two bunks that pulled out from the top and two smaller than single beds, one for each adult. Upon expressing my dissatisfaction with the sleeping arrangements, I was told the beds would be pushed together. They never were.

The overhead bunk my son slept in was not level. The end where his head would rest was 5 inches lower than his feet. This undoubtedly contributed to the headaches he had while on the cruise.

There were not enough outlets in the room to charge phones, camera batteries, laptops, and use hair dryers without unplugging the tv or lights.

I has asked our steward to replenish our refrigerator. He told me no. I can buy the drinks elsewhere on the cruise and bring it back to the room. That is customer service for you!

6 Helpful Votes