• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

phof
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Jun 2015
Cabin:

It was not a good start from Day 1 - when our luggage had not been delivered to our cabin after many hours I discovered them some distance away and delivered them myself. Some bags remained there until 8pm that night and people were asking where their luggage was as they hadn't received it by then. The men's steam sauna never worked properly the whole Arctic cruise and when I mentioned this to the area's supervisor she was so rude to me that I didn't bother coming back while she was there. The women's steam sauna had similar problems according to my wife.

We didn't see any ice or anything remotely Arctic in the Arctic Circle cruise - it was just another day at sea. In their advertising for this cruise Royal Caribbean have a photo of an iceberg but we certainly didn't see any. Also at Olden their photos advertising the glaciers for their shore excursions are nothing like what we ultimately saw because nearly all the glacial ice has gone and there is very little to see. The food in the Park Café was poor and the buffet was operating under what seemed restricted hours. However the food in the dining room was fine although some of the wait staff expected tips at the end of the cruise. Usually on a cruise the bed linen is changed after four days but we had to ask our cabin steward otherwise we don't think it would have been done and he expected extra tips as well.

Port Reviews

Copenhagen

Expensive city and if you take a cab make sure you have change otherwise you might be tipping more than you would like.

1 Helpful Vote