Carnival Paradise Cruise Review

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by sailorgal28

• Sail Date: Jul 2015
  • Destination: the Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Interior

This was a graduation present for my 18 year old daughter. We brought along her friend as well. As from previous sailings I knew that this is an older, smaller ship in the Carnival fleet. This was my first time purchasing Faster to the Fun and we were aboard and enjoying cocktails and "mocktails" within 30 minutes of our arrival to port. We were able to access our cabin right away with FTTF. It was an inside cabin, U130, with 2 twin beds and a folding cot. I opted for the cot and it was more comfortable than I thought it would be. The 2 cases of water that I had pre ordered were there when we arrived. Jocelyn, our stewardess kept the room as tidy as one could with 2 teenage girls occupying it. The staff was constantly cleaning about the ship. All of the staff were friendly towards us throughout the cruise.

We were assigned to the Elation Dining room with early seating. I know the Maitre'D, Josuf from a prior cruise and he does a great job running the room. Michael was our waiter and took very good care of the table. The food was good throughout the cruise. As my daughter's friend is attending culinary school we splurged and reserved 3 spots at the Chef's Table. Our group of 14 toured the Galley and were served phenomenal appetizers by the Head Chef. After we were escorted to the Library where we were served a seven course meal. The Executive Chef and the Head Chef took turns explaining the dishes that were placed before us. I wont spoil the surprise but I can tell you that I takes 12 chefs 4 days to prepare for this meal. If bought at a restaurant ashore it would cost hundreds of dollars per person!

As for our shore time we went on the cheap... In Grand Cayman we took the city bus ( a van really) for $2.50 per person to Governor's Beach with our own snorkel equipment.

Seven Mile Beach is not to be missed. In Cozumel we rented a car and toured the island on our own. We stopped at the Money Bar and snorkeled from shore, went to Ocean Club (crowded and the water was murky there), climbed Punta Sur lighthouse, stopped for pics at El Mirrador and topped the day off with great Mexican food at Coconuts.

Before I sign off I want to thank our Cruise Director, Calvin who made the time spent aboard so much fun. We enjoyed the Comedy Shows and especially The Liar's Club show. Also a shout out to Scwhartz, ACD for the Adult Scavenger Hunt. I was the gal with the false teeth. This was the highlight of the cruise.

sailorgal28's Full Rating Summary

Interior
Cabin 4D U130

Two twins and a cot. Very comfortable and cabin service was good. Low noise level.

Tampa

Easy embark and debark process. The Tampa folks are real pros at what they do.

Grand Cayman (Georgetown)

Go out of the port area and walk about 100 yards to the left. Remember that the British drive on the "wrong" side of the road. Flag down a city bus (large passenger van) and tell the driver where you want to go. They are very friendly and will direct you. The cost was 2.50 per person to get to Governor's Beach. Half of what taxi wanted.

The return trip to the port was just as easy and inexpensive. You pay when you are dropped off. I tipped the bus drivers a couple of bucks because the answered my many questions cheerfully.

Cozumel

I have been to Cozumel 5 times so we rented a car for $80 US total. ( I bought the extra insurance $15 for piece of mind ) We did most of our favorite stops and then some.

sailorgal28