3. Carnival Paradise
This was a graduation present for my 18 year old daughter. We brought along her friend as well. As from previous sailings I knew that this is an older, smaller ship in the Carnival fleet. This was my first time purchasing Faster to the Fun and we were aboard and enjoying cocktails and "mocktails" within 30 minutes of our arrival to port. We were able to access our cabin right away with FTTF. It was an inside cabin, U130, with 2 twin beds and a folding cot. I opted for the cot and it was more comfortable than I thought it would be. The 2 cases of water that I had pre ordered were there when we arrived. Jocelyn, our stewardess kept the room as tidy as one could with 2 teenage girls occupying it. The staff was constantly cleaning about the ship. All of the staff were friendly towards us throughout the cruise. We were assigned to the Elation Dining room with early seating. I know the Maitre'D, Josuf from a prior cruise and he does a great job running the room. Michael was our waiter and took very good care of the table. The food was good throughout the cruise. As my daughter's friend is attending culinary school we splurged and reserved 3 spots at the Chef's Table. Our group of 14 toured the Galley and were served phenomenal appetizers by the Head Chef. After we were escorted to the Library where we were served a seven course meal. The Executive Chef and the Head Chef took turns explaining the dishes that were placed before us. I wont spoil the surprise but I can tell you that I takes 12 chefs 4 days to prepare for this meal. If bought at a restaurant ashore it would cost hundreds of dollars per person! As for our shore time we went on the cheap... In Grand Cayman we took the city bus ( a van really) for $2.50 per person to Governor's Beach with our own snorkel equipment. Seven Mile Beach is not to be missed. In Cozumel we rented a car and toured the island on our own. We stopped at the Money Bar and snorkeled from shore, went to Ocean Club (crowded and the water was murky there), climbed Punta Sur lighthouse, stopped for pics at El Mirrador and topped the day off with great Mexican food at Coconuts. Before I sign off I want to thank our Cruise Director, Calvin who made the time spent aboard so much fun. We enjoyed the Comedy Shows and especially The Liar's Club show. Also a shout out to Scwhartz, ACD for the Adult Scavenger Hunt. I was the gal with the false teeth. This was the highlight of the cruise.

Fun Times

sailorgal28’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Paradise price drops

Interior
Cabin 4D U130
Two twins and a cot. Very comfortable and cabin service was good. Low noise level.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins